We buy any car - what a massive difference in price in 4 months..

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Hence me saying if you're happy with the monthly payment. Maybe the Apr is higher but so is the gmfv, or they give you a great trade in price compared to elsewhere, then it's irrelevant really how they dice it as long as you're happy with what you're paying šŸ‘

GFV was terrible, and they were offering me 3-4k less than WBAC for my car.

I wasn't happy with the deals offered from BMW or Audi, to be honest I'm glad as looking for a change was probably "just something to do"

Any car I drove from both wasn't a patch on my Porsche.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Any car I drove from both wasn't a patch on my Porsche.

Did you get them to run the numbers before the test drive?

Normally I've found they're more willing to move on prices on stuff if you're taking PCP. I guess there's more head room if they're getting a cut from the finance. Even if it's a bad headline deal it's sometimes worth taking then clearing later on.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Did you get them to run the numbers before the test drive?

Normally I've found they're more willing to move on prices on stuff if you're taking PCP. I guess there's more head room if they're getting a cut from the finance. Even if it's a bad headline deal it's sometimes worth taking then clearing later on.

I did in Audi, Bavarian were more interested in getting me out in the car. They probably thought I would be so in love with the car I would pay the silly prices they were asking.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I did in Audi, Bavarian were more interested in getting me out in the car. They probably thought I would be so in love with the car I would pay the silly prices they were asking.

I'd have walked if it wasn't a patch on the Porsche instead of wasting time talking numbers for a car you're never going to take after a test drive!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I'd have walked if it wasn't a patch on the Porsche instead of wasting time talking numbers for a car you're never going to take after a test drive!

What?

Audi ran figures first, once I saw those I didnā€™t take a test drive as there was no point.

BMW give me the test drive first, I was interested in the car but not at any cost. After they provided the figures a cheaper, lesser car was going to cost me more than my Porsche. At that point I walked, and didnā€™t bother testing anything else as it was simply the apr rates and residual values that weā€™re making monthly payments stupid money.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
What?

Audi ran figures first, once I saw those I didnā€™t take a test drive as there was no point.

BMW give me the test drive first, I was interested in the car but not at any cost. After they provided the figures a cheaper, lesser car was going to cost me more than my Porsche. At that point I walked, and didnā€™t bother testing anything else as it was simply the apr rates and residual values that weā€™re making monthly payments stupid money.

Why even talk numbers on a car that ā€˜wasnā€™t a patchā€™ on the one you already owned?

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Why even talk numbers on a car that ā€˜wasnā€™t a patchā€™ on the one you already owned?

Because I was exploring the possibility of going back to a coupe/4 seater car vs a convertible/2 seater. Unfortunately a 911 was beyond what I was willing to pay, and having now driven the alternatives from BMW and Audi I was now in a position to know they didnā€™t offer me the driving experience the Porsche did, and they were actually going to cost me more money.

So I decided a second ā€œdailyā€ was the best option.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Speaking of WBAC. My dad got rid of his car via Motorway today to a dealer in Belfast. Had planned to go the WBAC route.

He was with WBAC, fella was fair and only knocked Ā£150 off for a few chips and diamond cut wheels that had started to white worm. WBAC keyed it all into the iPad and the price went down Ā£1400 than what was quoted online.

Odd one but heā€™s happy itā€™s gone, price wasnā€™t hugely different to WBAC in the end and beats dealing with the public.

He can borrow my ****ty Clio dump-run car for a bit until he works out what he wants.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
Bavarian bought my 5 series was actually surprised wat they offered me,gave me more than motorway and wbac plus they paid to transfer my plate.A month or so ago they actually offered me less.There is no decent offers and I hardly use the car due to having a van for work.waiting to see something nice to appear or a good offer

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Bavarian bought my 5 series was actually surprised wat they offered me,gave me more than motorway and wbac plus they paid to transfer my plate.A month or so ago they actually offered me less.There is no decent offers and I hardly use the car due to having a van for work.waiting to see something nice to appear or a good offer

My Dad tried JKC with his car but no dice. Up for sale now and would be a smashing buy for someone looking for a low mileage, high enough spec G30 520d.

Edit - Sold already as the AT and FB ads are gone, not surprised. This was it 2017 BMW 5 Series 520d SE 4dr Auto | Used Cars NI

Was a dealer launch car so had a load of packs on it and fixed the biggest problem with the SE, the seats.

Last edited:

RevT

RMS Regular
As said, Motorway are dealers who are offering you that. They could have a customer already lined up for it etc.

KevM

RMS Regular
Motorway isnt an offer - its an indication.

Its just eBay for dealers. You might sell, you might not. But ultimately, you are going to get Trade value (same as Part-ex).

WeBuyAnyCar is no indication of Trade value. If they are over-stocked, they will turn the tap off and make crap offers. (They are over-stocked currently)

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Not that happy paid 28,500 in Aug 22 šŸ˜….

With motorway, is it usually NI dealers or mainland that your dealing with.

Yeah, not great! I was 22k in March 22, 18,400 on Motorway today.

Still a price I'll pay not to deal with private sales.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Yeah, not great! I was 22k in March 22, 18,400 on Motorway today.

Still a price I'll pay not to deal with private sales.

Yours is a decent quote, Ā£3600 for 20 months motoring.
Vs my Ā£7750 for 15 months.

I was just throwing it in to see, won't be changing for at least 3 years.

Edit: I was thinking in March 22 you bought but reading it back are you comparing motorway values?

KevM

RMS Regular
PCP it and let the Bank worry šŸ¤£

If you HP'd or used your own money Peak apres-Covid, you are foolish šŸ˜Æ

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I stuck the lotus in for the craic just to see and Motorway came back with Ā£20,700. I paid more for it but I was expecting something ridiculous like Ā£13k or something

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Desirable motor and limited quantity.

My M3 is 18k with wbac. 45k miles facelift. Place is flooded with M cars everyone selling due to massive insurance hikes.
are They worth looking at now do you reckon

PMC555

RMS Regular
Drives
Sometimes
I stuck the lotus in for the craic just to see and Motorway came back with Ā£20,700. I paid more for it but I was expecting something ridiculous like Ā£13k or something
When I was selling my Golf R in August I put it in to Motorway , they came back with a 'reserve' value of Ā£19,933. Went ahead with them , and they came back with an offer of Ā£17,850 from a dealer (which I rejected). The value they come up with for the reserve is just to tempt you in....