R35 GT-R dream or nightmare?

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
It's been a lllllllooooooonnnnnnngggggg couple of months, am really pleased it arrived in time for Christmas as I had started to joke if it hadn't I was booking into the Premier Inn for a few nights while I was off over the festive period 🤣

I've yet to take it a spin but if anyone sees it being driven at a slow and steady pace it will be me behind the wheel :monkey:

Hard work pays off @CharlySkunkWeed , so glad you bit the bullet and chuffed to bits that you have finally got your dream car, enjoy :heart_eyes:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Lovely! Tail light mod is a must, will light up all 4 rings, simple wiring loom fitment

That’s a milltek y pipe
Funny I did think that once I took the photo 😆
I thought "oh, something doesn't look like all those photos I've liked on Instagram"

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
It's been a lllllllooooooonnnnnnngggggg couple of months, am really pleased it arrived in time for Christmas as I had started to joke if it hadn't I was booking into the Premier Inn for a few nights while I was off over the festive period 🤣

I've yet to take it a spin but if anyone sees it being driven at a slow and steady pace it will be me behind the wheel :monkey:

Hard work pays off @CharlySkunkWeed , so glad you bit the bullet and chuffed to bits that you have finally got your dream car, enjoy :heart_eyes:
Lol, technically still yours.
CJAAouYWIAA1Joc.jpg

What dealer did you use? Would like to keep an eye on what they have coming in.
GTR Heritage Centre.
Slow as **** but seem to know their stuff. And only deal in GT-Rs. Do restoration, modification, tuning etc.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Weapon. I’m sure it’s a totally different beast to the Impreza. I’ve never been in one but I get the feeling that they would feel so planted on the road and the power must be on a different level.
Yes your totally correct, feels really planted. I haven't really drove it. There's different settings for the suspension and driving modes but I just horsed them onto R mode 😂
My only thing I'll have reservations over is its automatic. I'll just have to get into the habit of at least using the paddles.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Fair play to you on all accounts, hanging in there with that patience really paid off. Must be a great feeling to open the garage and have your dream car sitting. I’ve driven a few years ago but not boosting etc and they are just sensational.

Health to drive and perv over 😂

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
Seems like you got a well sorted car in the end, just a shame it took so long and they couldn't do it all at once. Stunning car and I'm sure you can't wait to get a few runs out in the summer.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Fair play to you on all accounts, hanging in there with that patience really paid off. Must be a great feeling to open the garage and have your dream car sitting. I’ve driven a few years ago but not boosting etc and they are just sensational.

Health to drive and perv over 😂
Part of the debate was that the subaru wasn't the worst cost wise to have just sitting. I don't really use my cars much but hate not having something nice sitting either.
Tax on this is near £700, insurance is £800 (for now, subaru policy was £500 odd and had to add 300 for the GTR).
I'm hoping the interest I'm making on my savings will counter balance that side of it.

The GT-R has good tyres, good brakes, just serviced and MOTd. I'm hoping just just do oil services when the time comes as everything else is silly money.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Seems like you got a well sorted car in the end, just a shame it took so long and they couldn't do it all at once. Stunning car and I'm sure you can't wait to get a few runs out in the summer.
I distracted myself with buying miniature ones 🤣
20231118_202646.jpg
20231118_202709.jpg
20231112_150204.jpg
20231111_161650.jpg
20231111_161740.jpg
20231111_161601.jpg

Amazing! It’s such a great feeling getting a dream car. Bit of a faff but at least it’s well sorted.

That looks a lovely example too. Health to enjoy
One of the biggest challenges was finding one that wasn't "stage gazillion 1000bhp"
As much as I'd love a flame spitting godzilla, we don't really have the expertise over here to keep on top of all that.
Nor do I have the funds .

Attachments

• 20231101_174855.jpg
    20231101_174855.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231101_174722.jpg
    20231101_174722.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 0

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Some story, but glad you got there in the end.

Looks a belting car. Like you, a bit of a gamer - so the GT-R was always the go to.

Looking forward to seeing it blasting round the area! Health to drive!

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Very nice. I've always had a soft spot for a GTR and have looked at them myself a few times. They always seem to have loads of owners and loads of mods, a 1 owner car with just a stage one must be very rare indeed.
The wait will be worth it I'm sure. I waited over 2 years for a Yaris so 2 months is nothing. :joy:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Very nice. I've always had a soft spot for a GTR and have looked at them myself a few times. They always seem to have loads of owners and loads of mods, a 1 owner car with just a stage one must be very rare indeed.
The wait will be worth it I'm sure. I waited over 2 years for a Yaris so 2 months is nothing. :joy:
It was a toss up between the usual stage 4, 10 owner, 50k miles, and more money, or this one. The miles were the thing that kept the price down but I'd rather 90k miles from the original owner than 10 different people driving 10k then selling up.
Don't get me wrong, there is others similar to mine with less miles, but I'd set a price limit and stuck to it.
Love it! Well done to you and enjoy every moment - a neighbour of my parents had one and took my father out for a spin. He grinned for a long time.
I had a run in a Litchfield anniversary one and hardly slept that night 😄

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Pics look brilliant will have to get a nosey round it 😀 I bet you're in and out of that garage all day everyday just looking at it.
I've mainly been trying to work out even just the controls !
There's alot going on, especially with the touchscreen doing almost everything.

I'd bought an Ecutek dongle as every review of the screen had the app on it. Can't get it to connect to it at all. Turned out you've to use the USB cable rather than the Bluetooth which is strange. I had it paired to my phone in the meantime and you can switch maps, adjust boost, set up a display dashboard and all that so will do that on the screen tomorrow now the Xmas duties are over.
Have Torque Pro aswell for the gauges too so will see if the Ecutek one is worth keeping.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Class!

I've done many, many track miles in a Litchfield tuned one and there is nothing as hilarious as a GTR when it comes to four wheel drifts in the wet. Proper, proper cars!

Had a stock one for a week on the roads and I'd most definitely have one over any of the supercars I've driven.

They are very big on our B roads.

With 90k on it, you'll be able to enjoy it and not worry about sticking the miles on it, which is a good thing.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Class Adam…bigger garage required now mate 😂 nah but fair fks mate it looks class… couple of mates have 1000bhp + yokes and imo it’s a waste because they never get to open them fully…not for the want of trying 🙈😂

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Class Adam…bigger garage required now mate 😂 nah but fair fks mate it looks class… couple of mates have 1000bhp + yokes and imo it’s a waste because they never get to open them fully…not for the want of trying 🙈😂
I cleared all the stuff out of the garage that I rarely used like axle stands etc so it could go right up to the wall. It's now not taking up much more room than the blobeye, but the bulkyness of it definitely fills the space more.
My bro was hoping to see it over Xmas but there's no mission of fitting anyone in the rear seats as nice as it looks back there so we'd to use the S3 for shipping us about. He was like "what? There's no room ? The things bloody massive ?"
It's pretty much all engine and a big boot though. Also the seats are electric so you wouldn't be arsed winding the seats back and forward too often.

And yeah, the big bhp ones just mental. Nice to have but just crazy.
20231222_090319.jpg
20231223_192530.jpg
20231224_085440.jpg

Jethro

RMS Regular
Its gettting better lookiing each time I view this thread :grinning:
I also fought the R35 demons in my head just before I bought the 911 Turbo. The 911 was a much cheaper option at the time and the GTRs stayed in the same price bracket. for years after.
My 911 was 500+ BHP and I thought I was used to fast cars when a fella called up to the house one day and offered me a spin in his R35 that was 650+ BHP and it blew my mind completely, for the first time ever when driving a car I honestly felt my heart in my mouth when going up through the gears. I then realised I would probably kill myself in one so the idea went off me ....but its like being an alcoholic, the urge never disappears.

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Bloody brilliant mate! :heart_eyes: .. Happy for you finally getting your dream car. Absolutely love the noise these things make! Proper Godzilla!!