£3000 hot hatch

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
You'd get a stage 2 or better Cupra in the mainland for the money on a Cupra R and it'll fairly make you poo yourself brave and quick

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Dont know if its been mentioned but there is a 182 in the classifieds for £2500 ?

Thinking of selling my SRi Corsa C as I fancy a bit of a change - needs a few pieces of trim tidied but if you where interested let me know via PM? :grinning:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
id be looking at early S3's in around that money, remap and exhaust and they go pretty well. Nice place to sit and a bit more special than a 182 imo

8vmk2

RMS Regular
OP
8vmk2
Drives
Clio 172 CUP
Think that was the fella conor, he posted about it the other day in members cars. Hes in oz at the minute but still has it

edit: Thread here, looks like hes keeping it though.
http://reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/conors-ibiza-cupra-r.146930/page-2

That's the one alright. Suppose he may be worth a pm anyway. Wee Ibiza looks great.

Any examples of these s3's or Ibiza FR's?

I should note the car needs to be in N.I I really couldn't be bothered with a wasted journey to the UK and the cost it would take would have to come out of the 3k budget.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Surely got to be the 172/182. I wouldn't consider the Golf to be a rival to either the Clio or Civic, and finding a good clean EP3 example would be a challenge...

@Jordy Clio, take a look at the thread...

GarethM

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 200 Cup
I sold my ep3 civic for £2800 not that long ago at a bargain and it was far from hanging out of its arse. If you can find one with less that 70k with a chain and clutch just done and absolutely standard. Go across the pond to mainland uk and im pretty sure you will be able to find one. That would get my vote over french s**t* and anything with a turbo as that could be a problem down the line.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
are the 172/182 a nice driving position.

No, not really.

I love the little cars but the worst thing about them is the enormous steering wheel odd driving position and the seats need to come up your back about another 2 inches to provide better support! An i'm no giant at 5'7"!

Other than that, they're awesome wee drivers cars. I'd be looking at @Jordy's in Ballymoney it's sitting fantastic. I'd have it only the wife wont let me have it :worried:

jferg

RMS Regular
This boy knows it!
Especially for all weather driving, apart from the remap, a decent set of pads makes these cars very enjoyable.

most fun you could possibly have in a car under £3k ;) i LOVED mine

brendy

RMS Regular
Everyone needs a Scooby in their life at some point.
Agreed in bagfuls!
I always wanted one, got one 4 years ago as a quick stop gap when moving jobs (prev job had a co. Occy VRS). Apart from a newer blob/hawk, I really can for the life of me think of what suits my needs/wants any better so dont seem me changing again any time soon neither.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
I will have one as my next car, been my favourite car ever since seeing McRae rake the hole off them.

Bugeye wagon or blobeye (y)

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
B5 S4. Not a hatch, but more car for the money.

Or get an Avant and it has a hatch boot :p.
no harm meant but the VAG stuff is all incredibly boring to drive.

yes some fast but they do everything so well it makes them mundane

agree with @Gaz on the 306 rallye / gti6

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.