£3K Sports car???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Does such a thing really exsist? I am currently selling my Impreza and when/if it sells I am thinking of replacing it with something of lesser value. I am not worried about mpg etc as it would only be a weekend car. I wouldnt be against the likes of a Clio 182 etc......

So I suppose this is another "what car" thread (apologizes in advance)

My recent car history looks a bit like this (yes I like white cars :grinning:);

RX7002.jpg

IMG_0236_2132.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

So based on this anyone have some suggestions all welcomed......

Thanks

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
What do you class as a sports car?

I would very much like an MX5 for dicking around in and I would consider it more "sporty" than my A5.

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
get that 2dr bought back up ..looks sweet mate, White Imprezas FTW

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
What do you class as a sports car?
Thats what Im trying to find out tbh, I suppose I have my own ideas which have all been turbo'd of recent times, but I have owned Integra's MR2's etc etc in the past.

Just fancy something fun and involving for little £££....maybe something I could put on the track a few times a year.

Never driven an MX5, although I have seen a few nice examples on here

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
GTO will cost 30 squillion pounds if it goes wrong.

Get an MX5, time attack stylee.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Nissan 300zx for me! Stunning car IMO.

I have heard they arent a great driving motor in all fairness? I could be wrong! I have looked at them a few times in years gone by, but never drove one tbh. Nice for some tail out action though :laughing:

dufunk

RMS Regular
Rev3 up MR2 turbo cant ask for anything more for the money 240bhp RWD Mid Engines 2 seater low 5's to 60 standard!!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
You'd get a good 200 for £3k without a doubt. Just ignore those air heads that value their's at ALOT more than they are actually worth. Just look for rusty sills, smokey engines and knackered brakes if still running stock calipers (full Skyline brakeset will cost £250 and its a very good upgrade).

You could opt for a good R33 Skyline for that kinda money too, usually with a good list of parts on them too. They go for as little as £2k now, which is what i sold my last 1 for and it pulled like a train, had a full exhaust system and coilovers, still MOT'd and without doubt 1 of the cleanest 33 undersides and engine bays about...

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Rev3 up MR2 turbo cant ask for anything more for the money 240bhp RWD Mid Engines 2 seater low 5's to 60 standard!!

Good cars alright, had 2 turbo's and 1 n/a in the past. Not sure I would want another though tbh

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
You'd get a good 200 for £3k without a doubt. Just ignore those air heads that value their's at ALOT more than they are actually worth. Just look for rusty sills, smokey engines and knackered brakes if still running stock calipers (full Skyline brakeset will cost £250 and its a very good upgrade).

You could opt for a good R33 Skyline for that kinda money too, usually with a good list of parts on them too. They go for as little as £2k now, which is what i sold my last 1 for and it pulled like a train, had a full exhaust system and coilovers, still MOT'd and without doubt 1 of the cleanest 33 undersides and engine bays about...

Sound advice, I will put both on my list (y)

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Just had a quick look on here and local search (100 miles) on Pistonheads, No R33's, 300zx or 200's within budget, or anywhere near :worried:

Keep the suggestions coming (y)

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I'll find out whats for sale locally regarding the Nissan's. What it says on the advert and what they are worth/selling for is 2 very different things... ;-)

205GTINUT

RMS Regular
Drives
E36 M3 Evo
I have heard they arent a great driving motor in all fairness? I could be wrong! I have looked at them a few times in years gone by, but never drove one tbh. Nice for some tail out action though :laughing:

I had a 92 Uk Manual TT for a while. I was impressed by how solid it felt and by the standard performance but over all i love the look of them. This car in its day was quicker than the 911. It is a serious piece of kit for small numbers but dont forget its upkeep never changes value.

Sudesh is the man to speak to reagarding this. He has had more of them than anyone i know and in all shapes and forms!!

Wee teaser of mine.
35mi7ft.jpg

29vo1mr.jpg

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
I had a 92 Uk Manual TT for a while. I was impressed by how solid it felt and by the standard performance but over all i love the look of them. This car in its day was quicker than the 911. It is a serious piece of kit for small numbers but dont forget its upkeep never changes value.

Sudesh is the man to speak to reagarding this. He has had more of them than anyone i know and in all shapes and forms!!

Thats good to hear! If i was going for 1 it would have to be a SWB manual TT for sure.

Thanks

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.