£3k to spend

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Does look like a good example and thats a lot of change! :grinning: Its an 8v tho.. Was hoping not to have to go to England to get it either.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming!

scotty

RMS Regular
Drives
ST Tdci / Saph
1800 focus, maybe hunt down an mp3 model, easy insured and run, plenty of choice and plenty of choice mods, cracking handling and reliable to boot!

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
scotty said:
1800 focus, maybe hunt down an mp3 model, easy insured and run, plenty of choice and plenty of choice mods, cracking handling and reliable to boot!

I'm amazed it took this long for someone to suggest a Focus! lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
VTS would be my suggestion...Look really wel without that much money spent on them...and good and fast...

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Lyons said:
The mainland is surprisingly accessible these days...

Dont have time. Too much stuff going on in the hectic life of slideordie at the moment.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
i think you should go for some sort of jap machine or a nice golf. my own preference would be a golf,a late 2l 8v contraption. fair enough not the quickest but bomb proof engines and super super reliable. ive never had a breakdown once in my car in over ten years, not once, and nothing break!now thats a reliable car ;)

parts are readily available, easily fitted yourself, engines are easy to work at without all the computer jiggery pokery to go wrong, just a good simple practical engine.

as said, 3k would get you a cracking mk3 golf, something really good. im not very up on my hondas but i think a nice honda civic would be able to be picked up for similar money

golf all the way though! loving the german engineering! i wouldnt look anywhere else

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Did u get my text the other day Pete? lol

I've decided what I want, no one has suggested it yet tho! I'll give you's a clue or two.. its Jap and 5 door :grinning:

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
116841.jpg

:grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.