£40 winter restoration project

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
She's a 1990 Phase 2 BX 16 valve, the body is absolutely immaculate underneath, paint is faded though, but it looks like it will polish up.

Engine bay was full of leaves, but the body and chassis is absolutely perfect.

The car has the wrong (A phase one) rear bumper, but there is a rear phase 2 bumper in our massive pile of BX parts so it's all good.

Plans are new liners (It has 102k miles on it so due a rebuild although the leakdown was good, it may as well get freshened up now), stem seals, new piston rings, put my spare Jenvey throttle bodies on her, Emerald K3 ecu and new hydraulic return pipes. Will make a nice retro daily driver. Should be nippy enough at that to see off most modern 'hot' hatches.

rear shot, light clusters are in the boot.
rbx1.jpg

Interior is in great shape - ignore the stuffing on floor! Was from the spare interior being stacked in it
rbx2.jpg

needs a good tidy up in the bay, but everything works.
rbx3.jpg

spare phase 2 bumper laying in a shed
rbx4.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Some find indeed.

Will be interesting to see what it stands you by the time it's on the road. Doing everything labour wise yourself will definitely pay off...

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I know what a mean. I've done similar myself, but its nice to get it done and not worry about it, especially if its been day for long. Speaking of which, how long was it sitting? Will you be doing gearbox oil and stuff too?

Mark_C

RMS Regular
OP
Mark_C
It's been sitting for about 5 years as far as I know.

Will be doing gearbox oil and all aye.
EDIT: Just been informed its been sitting for 9 years unmoved.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Frig, you done well at £40! :eek: Do they not know price of scrap or just cba with the 'hassle'?

I cant recall the last i seen one of these in general nevermind a 16v :eek:

Mark_C

RMS Regular
OP
Mark_C
What ever happened the V6 ?

It's in the black one !! Needs an exhaust making and an MOT. Can't bring myself to start messing with welding another manifold after the MR2 one.

Had to modify the subframe quite a bit to make space for the rear exhaust manifold.

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
that's actually pretty good so with the stuff you'll stick on it, it will go rightly I'm sure

RCT

RMS Regular
Good bargain alright!! I just hope there have been no mice or rats in eating at the wiring and under the dash etc. Good engine these, with the 8 port exhaust head derived from the later spec XU8T (205 T16) head. It will surprise a few with the throttle bodies etc on.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Oh you lucky sod. I would absolutely love one of these. Plenty of decent pics and progress please.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
OP
Mark_C
Good bargain alright!! I just hope there have been no mice or rats in eating at the wiring and under the dash etc. Good engine these, with the 8 port exhaust head derived from the later spec XU8T (205 T16) head. It will surprise a few with the throttle bodies etc on.

have another one on TB's - excuse the mess

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.