£4k for a track car/daily driver

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
quinn aint the worst IMO
lot of mods for the car as long as they know of them they dont charge but do ring about it to ask first and then ring again because they tried to get one over on me once :mad:

no try likes of tesco or axa or few just to see ?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Dude my mates accords up for sale on here but it was dearer than what id expected ... texted you today but knowing my crap phone it hasnt got through to you.

Evo 4 ... Prelude Motegi Etd ... Celica GT4 (facelift) ... Scooby STi/Type R

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
No Chris didn't get your text mate. Nice Accord that, I'm going to try a few more places in the morning for insurance on the JDM Teg and see how I get on.

Tesco don't list an import and Axa Surequote don't list the Integra at all lol.

Paula

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Lupo GTi
I'd keep the bm Gee and finish it off, I'm with Quinn insurance and I think I'll be sticking with them, they quoted me the cheapest insurance out of everyone and I've got Marc on my insurance as well

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I've just had a quote from Ulster Farmers Union, and their premium was massively cheaper than anywhere else I tried.

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
I don't see why not! :laughing: Is there an exam prior to them giving you a quote, 10 farm based questions?

028 90 370222 ?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I don't see why not! :laughing: Is there an exam prior to them giving you a quote, 10 farm based questions?

028 90 370222 ?

You have to prove that you own a pair of wellie boots and know what a Friesian is....

Yes that's the main number, when you call that they'll put you through to your local office. They might not quote you though if you or your family don't have any business with them already....I have my home insurance with them so I didn't have that problem thankfully.

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Ok thanks, Graeme. Tried them there but they're closed.

rustybin

RMS Regular
Drives
mx5, ae86
Has to be rwd for trackwork if you ask me................. its just more fun, but no no no to e36 m3's. Brakes are downright dangerous on a quick backroad blast, never mind a track. Best trackcar I ever had was my old widebody 2.0 starion, only up'ped to about 240 bhp, but with only 225 tyres on the back, she was fun, wet or dry. Miss that car ..... and many a good trackday in my old toyota levin (jap corolla). Handling was sweet let down by a lack of power, but it sure made up for it in the wet, especially in tighter tracks like nutts corner back in the day (y). Basically what im saying is horsepower does not necessarily make a good trackcar. Sweet handling worth loads too, so can understand why people like the dc2 / 5, even though they are wrong wheel drive :imp: and prob get slagged for this, but mate let me take his new mx5 project out a wee scoot other night......... Boy they would make a good trackcar, if you can get over the gayness :oops:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.