£4k for a track car/daily driver

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Exhaust isnt gonna make a difference to them... Only thing that will is the fannymould (even then not massive)... Unless looking a lowd wan :p

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Don't be gay and buy a yellow one though or you'll look like a tube.

düb

D
are the car auctions at like say Wilsons a good place to pick up cheap track-day projects?

serious munchies to do one lol

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Exhaust isnt gonna make a difference to them... Only thing that will is the fannymould (even then not massive)... Unless looking a lowd wan :p

Aye just want to hear her come on 'tec better :p

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
nah no drifting allowed. odd step out is to be expected but hanging it out is frowned on

And this is EXACTLY why Wayne from SWRC is holding days like Total CARnage, where every type of car, be it a 1600 Nova, a 500bhp or even a dull-as-dish-water Integra is allowed on the track to do their own thing, be it hanging the arse well and truely out, getting to grips with the handling and unsersteering of a FWD or if your just wanting to go fast in your road going car without having to worry about getting points :laughing:

chr1s

RMS Regular
what about an ek9 gee? Would love to see one of these tracked but just dont have the swingers to do mine lol. Mines got a good suspension set up and full system. Its forsale and will come wit a full mot (mot date is this monday). The only thing is it mite be a wee bit over ur 4k budget.but give me a shout if your interested

Bronk

RMS Regular
gee ill prob be selling my spoon exhuast in next few months to get a new one and maybe my 98 spec manifold..thats incase you get one with out them bits,

and thumper normally has a few tasty bits about him, including final drives etc

pablo

RMS Moderator
And this is EXACTLY why Wayne from SWRC is holding days like Total CARnage, where every type of car, be it a 1600 Nova, a 500bhp or even a dull-as-dish-water Integra is allowed on the track to do their own thing, be it hanging the arse well and truely out, getting to grips with the handling and unsersteering of a FWD or if your just wanting to go fast in your road going car without having to worry about getting points :laughing:

yup fair play it fills a place in the market alright. kirkistowns problem is the local holy rollers yapping on about noise.

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Not a Ford man at all seanbob unless it was an FRS.

Always preferred the UK ones but recently have taken a liking to the JDM front. Not really sure which I prefer any more! Will see what pops up.

Have you your car advertised anywhere, Chris? PM me some info, hadn't considered an EK9 as they still seem to go for big dough.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Gee why not just do a few trackdays in your e46? To be fair it is a good handling rwd car with decent power. At the end of the day you do more daily driving than trackdays.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
i prefer the uk dc2 aswell but tbh both the uk and jdm ones are overpriced for what they are, so i'd go for whatever you can get thats reasonable money/spec/condition

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Gee why not just do a few trackdays in your e46? To be fair it is a good handling rwd car with decent power. At the end of the day you do more daily driving than trackdays.

Doesn't handle very well being so low and there's no way I'd higher it. I don't think it'd be an awful lot of fun on track either, not the sort of engine you get anything out of by revving it. I do very little mileage, about 7k in the last year so daily driving comfort isn't a massive concern.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.