£4k for a track car/daily driver

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Yea already had an EP3.

Greenlight don't cover JDM DC2's so that ideas out the window.

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Dunno if UK is floating my boat or not. Might have to resort to plan B.

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
I dunno if I can be arsed going through the hassle of cancelling insurance and going elsewhere.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Quit pussying about and buy another 200 Gee.. You know it makes sense (y) :laughing:

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Got a quote on a JDM DC2 with Direct Line for £320 lol

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
directline are the kings of insurance....

nothing gay about a UK teg.. at least the speedos pass mot in standard form and dont have to be plastered with gay ass stickers :p

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
£320!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think i'll be giving them a call in a couple of months :scream:

Bastids, never quoted imports online :broken_heart: Ollie, there is ways round these gay stickers, just butcher a set of UK dials aiiiii :cool: Well when i say butcher, transfer the uk speedo into the JDM housing :laughing:

Back limited to 112 tho :worried:

Maxwell

Banned
right gee you have to lay out the sort of spec you want/need

ie. fwd, rwd, 4wd: 100bhp+, 200bhp +: hatch, coupe, saloon, estate

give us a better idea like because there has been so many things mentioned and most of the best stuff mentioned you dont like because of the badge, the wheels that are being driven or running costs etc

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
£320!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think i'll be giving them a call in a couple of months :scream:

Bastids, never quoted imports online :broken_heart: Ollie, there is ways round these gay stickers, just butcher a set of UK dials aiiiii :cool: Well when i say butcher, transfer the uk speedo into the JDM housing :laughing:

Back limited to 112 tho :worried:

After closer inspection it appears that the car I used for the registration number off Pistonheads isn't registered as a JDM Type R, only as a 1.8 Vtec. When I change it to a Type R it increases to £550 or so which is still ok. Need to ring them tmw and make sure its declared as a JDM model. Who are you insured with daddyc?

Couldn't be arsed trying to insure something like that black one, not fussed on that shape of Civic either, too old.

Bronk

RMS Regular
evo 4 = Heart ache normally

gee im with quinn with my jdm dc2..if thats any use

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Turns out the car I spotted on Pistonheads and used the reg off for the Direct Line quote isn't properly registered as either a Type R or an import.

Direct Line, HIC, Adrian Flux and Greenlight all don't cover JDM models in NI. Cheapest quote elsewhere using an online comparison site is £1100 without phoning up to list modifications. Wanted away from Quinn as I've always had a bad feeling about their random nature on the phone, they're the only option left..

Nothing else suggested is taking my fancy, might just finish off the BM.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Who are you insured with daddyc? Couldn't be arsed trying to insure something like that black one, not fussed on that shape of Civic either, too old.
Im with Quinns also who are one of the few folk who will touch a 98 spec, what i paid for the C-max then for the Integra there on top takes me to £537 (or close) for the year???

And your balls with that car being too old, will outlast most these days :p Pity, cracker car for the money :worried:

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Bloody hell, you're about 30 odd tho are you not?

*sniggers*

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.