£5k fun weekender

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
What's out there?

Convertible would be nice, but needs a bit of poke/fun to drive. Boxster's have went silly money now but would have been top of the list.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v

205 CTi
1643822088597.png

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3

205 CTi
View attachment 348506

Interesting, can’t imagine it being as much fun as a hard top though & isnt much of a looker 🙈
Not get a 350z at that?

Probably not a very clean one
Z4
MX5
TT
Mini

Only a 2.0 but hey, rwd, cabrio, funky seats, wheels with bolts. Aanmelden bij Facebook

Or this is quite interesting! Aanmelden of registreren om te bekijken

Or Aanmelden of registreren om te bekijken

Would definitely consider the right Z4, prefer a 6 cylinder

That Vitara is mostly definitely interesting 😆

Last link seems to be gone.

Had a MK3 MX5 2.0lt sport for a few weeks, enjoyed it but turned out to be a bit rougher than I’d thought so it went back. Would consider another, clean one though

Had an R53 Cooper S previously, good car but wouldn’t be at the top of the list

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5

Close thread

£5k for a 2006 MX5?! Is it even a 2.0? The world is going mad.

I didn’t even pay half that for my 2006 2.0 about 6 months before Covid. Mine has higher miles, but still. Sheesh.

That Brera is lovely looking though and a bit different.

Last edited:

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70

I didn’t even pay half that for my 2006 2.0 about 6 months before Covid. Mine has higher miles, but still. Sheesh.

Says the man in a supra 😅

Sell him that for £5000 🤣

Dave..

RMS Regular
Interesting, can’t imagine it being as much fun as a hard top though & isnt much of a looker 🙈

Probably not a very clean one

Would definitely consider the right Z4, prefer a 6 cylinder

That Vitara is mostly definitely interesting 😆

Last link seems to be gone.

Had a MK3 MX5 2.0lt sport for a few weeks, enjoyed it but turned out to be a bit rougher than I’d thought so it went back. Would consider another, clean one though

Had an R53 Cooper S previously, good car but wouldn’t be at the top of the list
I bought my wife’s mx5 from John Forde out the Armagh road, Portadown. He told me he sells a lot of MX5’s. Ours is like new and has been very well cared for but it was more than £5k.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Ud get an early boxster for a smidge over 5k

Hard to find all the same @Jbridges522 , I think you got lucky!

I'd better not tell you how much my mate that you got the hardtop off got for his sport in that case :monkey: :laughing:

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Yeah its finding someone not trying to up the price inline with the 987. There was one on Facebook in Stranraer at just over 5k with relatively low miles, but was silver and well unless ur going over already the trip does add a fair bit of cash.

Don't mind going across the water but as I found out with a 1 year old car, you cant be sure what you're buying until you are standing in front of it, even then...

Local would be better for sure.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.