£5k fun weekender

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
This is on Facebook for £4,500. Won’t set the world alight being 133bhp but would be stacks of fun. Some great mods including CAE shifter, Bilstein coilovers, ITG Maxogen, Scorpion exhaust and OZ Alleggerita wheels. Even includes the 133 plate.

May not be what you are after but it might be of interest to someone!

View attachment 348909

That’s class

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
This is on Facebook for £4,500. Won’t set the world alight being 133bhp but would be stacks of fun. Some great mods including CAE shifter, Bilstein coilovers, ITG Maxogen, Scorpion exhaust and OZ Alleggerita wheels. Even includes the 133 plate.

May not be what you are after but it might be of interest to someone!

View attachment 348909

That is class!! Be a brilliant wee back road blaster and the odd trackday. Had a go of one once and really liked it!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Drop in a set of cams, tubular manifold and a Ktec remap and they make around 165bhp with the mods it has, it would be good fun and handle like a go kart no doubt. Then again you could probably find a very nice 172 cup for the same outlay.

BabyCraig_

RMS Regular

Might be a touch more than 5k but my S3 was great fun! Perfect weekend car!

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
No doubt an S3 would be a nice place to be, but just not sure it would feel special enough for a pure weekender.

Back looking at MX-5's again after seeing my friends latest purchase. Beautiful white 2012 2.0l sport with black electric hardtop, mirrors & wheels, some other choice mods too.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
No doubt an S3 would be a nice place to be, but just not sure it would feel special enough for a pure weekender.

Back looking at MX-5's again after seeing my friends latest purchase. Beautiful white 2012 2.0l sport with black electric hardtop, mirrors & wheels, some other choice mods too.
Agreed on the S3 and think the same of most hatches tbh, pure weekend car has to be a convertible or second to that a coupe imo. Realistically at 5k ur looking at

Mk1 and early Mk2 TT
MX-5 early NC maybe (facelift looks much better if u could stretch to it) - one that might do Mazda, MX-5, Convertible, 2007, Manual, 1999 (cc), 2 doors | in Castlereagh, Belfast | Gumtree
The odd Boxster
Z4
Slk - these seem gd value but maybe more GT-ish but will depend what your coming from
E46 Cab - bit big in my eyes
A4 Cab - as above
Cheap SL merc out of England

Cant be much more than the above bar some left field choices, but at 5k you'll likely need to be happy to take something that is less than mint in one way or another, for what it is Id personally take the odd age related mark and average miles in exchange for a well looked after possibly garaged car with good service history. At that money in those cars your unlikely to lose much money so id jut buy what you like the look of give it a go and you can always sell it on again.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I love them too, I nearly bought one a few years back but it turned out to be pretty rotten underneath, they are getting on a bit now. They tune well and sound very similar to the Audi 5 pot engine. If you could get a clean one it would be great craic and something different, I’m not sure what kind of condition £5k gets you these days though.

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Link. Cant seem to find it.

Sorry. I was chatting to the owner about buying it as I was going to use it as a track ready toy to run at Trackskills a few times throughout the year. He has decided not to sell it though 😏.

It wasn’t on the NI page, was advertised through one of the Clio Sport Facebook pages.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Had 1 a few years ago. Really fun, loads of power & epic soundtrack but fancy something different.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
What about a 350z convertable, just about in budget.

I didn,t realise that the 370z had dropped so low. Quite liked this one, albeit high mileage and over budget.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Big fan of a hardtop 350z, for some reason though the convertible in them just looks wrong.

That 370 is nice but the miles would put me off.

There was a 6k 350z somewhere local, FB maybe, but he mentioned rust which would rule it out.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Big fan of a hardtop 350z, for some reason though the convertible in them just looks wrong.

There was a 6k 350z somewhere local, FB maybe, but he mentioned rust which would rule it out.

yup wee while back 3k got you a rough one, and 6k got you a clinker. now anything decent is 10k plus

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000

Completely agree with you on the convertible, but would be interesting to get a run in one with the roof down and a nice exhaust on it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.