£6-7k budget, what car..Nissan 350z?????

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

buster

RMS Regular
Drives
mk1 Aud TiTy
Im planning on getting a new car in the next month. I need something fast, reliable, easy to run (more maintenance and reliability than mpg) and not super old.

Im thinking a 350z would tick all the boxes but im open to other suggestions

Any other ideas??

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
what sort of power are you looking roughly and does it have to be a manual?

Gavlar

RMS Regular
How old is super old? Skyline? Chaser?

IS250 SE-L? Might be a bit slow though

GS450h? 345bhp, instant torque throughout the rev range and 0-60 in 5.2secs iirc impressive for such a heavy car, mid-30s mpg, but its auto only

I can almost guarantee you'll get about 50 people saying a Golf Gti lol

Last edited:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Might be selling my Lexus next month if thats any interest to you, im buying a new house and might need to sell the Lexus to help with the deposit. Selling for below 7k the way it sits with coils, intake, spacers and lip. Massive spec and 260bhp.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
350Z is a great car. Not very practical or particularly fast but it's a great steer and super value right now.

buster

RMS Regular
OP
buster
Drives
mk1 Aud TiTy
Are 350z not absolutely horrendous on fuel lol?

My big mate in work has one and he consistently gets 25mpg and just over 30 on the motorway. My ****ty Hyundai coupe just about manages high 20's

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I never used to like them, still don't know how I feel really, but they do attract my attention when I see them & they do make a hell of a noise!

As other options, what about S2000? Best mate had one & it was a brilliant laugh(y)

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Are 350z not absolutely horrendous on fuel lol?
Ours doesn't get very big drives mostly in around the town but it sees an impressive 22mpg avg mostly... Never worked out what it really is doing off the computer though haha probably like 16

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
My old car is up for grabs again, and I know that it has had some major work done to it both in my time and since. You would get it for £7k without any sweat. I also have the service book here which covers it up to 100,000miles. He's prob selling it so cheap because he doesnt have it!

560BHP for £7,000

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201504232871646/sort/default/page/1/make/audi/channel/cars/usedcars/onesearchad/used,nearlynew,new/quicksearch/true/model/rs6/postcode/n179jz/radius/1500?logcode=p

I really like these and they are becoming so affordable now... But I think it was yourself has scared me away from cheap high end audi's... Did you not buy the RS6 avant and didn't even get it home from England before it did itself 5K of damage?

Would love a 4.2 s4 or older RS6, avant in both. Love me a surprisingly fast aggressive estate car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.