£66 grand NSX???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Big Blue Winky

RMS Regular
Drives
Dodge Viper, SRT
Yea he's on the Nsx club Britain website.. Lucky man gettin that blue one for £28 grand back in the day..

I've drove numerous cars f430, 360, 355, r35 gtr, bentleys, Maseratis, m3,CSL's, m5, m6, v8 vantages, r8 , tvr's

And not one of them was a better all round experience than my na2 Nsx

There's just something about them.. Prob my favourite car ever now and I bought my by accident when I was 22.. I didn't even really like them when I was younger didn't see what all the fuss was about!

It takes to own one to understand in my opinion

I've driven all of said cars as well and my favourite is my BBP I just love how hard it is to drive, the sheer effort required to operate the controls but for many people that puts them off.

I doubt I'll ever get to find out about the NSX's appeal as I will never likely own one now due to price but I can happily appreciate them from a distance unless I happen upon the chance to drive one which might change it for me.

Yep he has a big presence in the NSX and Jap clubs, often see him on the NSX stand at car shows, they make a good effort too, always a very full stand for me to drool over.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Hardly? I couldn't really care less what they appreciate to

That's funny as you sound absolutely furious about it in your opening post where you mistakenly thought I meant that good examples will reach a million and you've just been back-pedalling ever since.

LOLZ

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Clearly there are a lot of people willing to pay over £50k for them so they're clearly worth that much.
Same with the RS500s, they're absolute tat as well, lovely to look at and is a proper icon car but they aren't half ugly and in standard form slow and not really a great car by modern day standards but people love them for what they meant to them back in the day and this is the same with NSXs as well, it's all down to personal preference, we've all owned cars we thought to be great but realistically were absolutely horrid things to drive or look at.

Firstly - the bit highlighted in red makes absolutely no sense at all?

As for the part about cars appealing to people, that's why I don't think the NSX prices will skyrocket, it doesn't mean much to many people when you compare it to a lot of other cars of that era. Maybe the Type R one will break 100K, but that would be because of the rarity factor of that model.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
There are numerous reasons why the NSX has become sought after now and the buyer's/collectors market knows it. In one hand your post makes sense "A car is worth what someone will pay" and "reason they are getting that high is wealth collectors are buying them up, artificially inflating their prices ... car has a demand because lots of people know what they are..." but then you ruin your post to say that an "NSX does not warrant any type of attention, has a small group of followers" to me that is just plain ignorance and very much your OWN opinion.

You have your idea of what constitutes an iconic car, others like me with far far bigger wallets will beg to differ

A car is worth what someone will pay.

All the old school group a/ group b cars have been bumped in price massively over the last few years. Look at the prices of E30 M3's and one i'm more familiar with RS 500s. 4 years ago a really nice RS 500 would cost maybe £30K? Now they are frequently advertised for £50K+, one even as high as £70K lol.

The reason they are getting that high is wealth collectors are buying them up, artificially inflating their prices. That type of car has a demand because lots of people know what they are, saw them race/rally and want to collect them for that reason.

What did the NSX ever do to warrant that type of attention? None that I can recall? Maybe they were big in Japland, but in the rest of the world they aren't desirable to anyone other than a small group of followers.

Hardly? I couldn't really care less what they appreciate to as they are a car I don't have any aspiration to own.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
youd wonder why he bothered to post then?

So you seriously think an NSX will be worth £1000000 in ten years time?????

It's a discussion, if you don't have different views and opinions, then what's the point?

That's funny as you sound absolutely furious about it in your opening post where you mistakenly thought I meant that good examples will reach a million and you've just been back-pedalling ever since.

LOLZ

Don't confuse fury with disbeilief.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
One million is a seven figure number: 1,000,000
One hundred thousand is a six figure number: 100,000

No one is suggesting that good examples will reach a million.

If you read my initial post again (and maybe if you contact your local primary school teacher) you might understand.

Paul's been on the retard sandwiches again :party:

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
One million is a seven figure number: 1,000,000
One hundred thousand is a six figure number: 100,000

No one is suggesting that good examples will reach a million.

If you read my post again and maybe if you contact your primary school teacher you might understand.

Paul's been on the retard sandwiches again :party:

Ok, so I misread post #52 :p

However If you read back to my original post I talked about £100000 group b cars and comparing the NSX to other £100000 cars of a similar era, not £1000000 cars as to be honest I wouldn't have a clue what cars of that age are worth that much (if any).

Big Blue Winky

RMS Regular
Drives
Dodge Viper, SRT
Firstly - the bit highlighted in red makes absolutely no sense at all?

As for the part about cars appealing to people, that's why I don't think the NSX prices will skyrocket, it doesn't mean much to many people when you compare it to a lot of other cars of that era. Maybe the Type R one will break 100K, but that would be because of the rarity factor of that model.

It's like the Gumpert Apollo, they're ugly but you just can't help but like them for that very reason, there's a brutal appeal to them.

It means enough to the people who know about them to pay the price for them, exactly like the RS500, they don't really mean a lot to people when you compare them to various other cars of the era. And as for the NSX not skyrocketing, they already have and are clearly still on the up, there's nothing you or I can do about it, it's just how they are.

Big Blue Winky

RMS Regular
Drives
Dodge Viper, SRT
Ok, so I misread post #52 :p

However If you read back to my original post I talked about £100000 group b cars and comparing the NSX to other £100000 cars of a similar era, not £1000000 cars as to be honest I wouldn't have a clue what cars of that age are worth that much (if any).

Group B cars are most certainly on the up and that is for totally separate reasons to a completely different group of enthusiasts too, while we are at it lets bring in the Sagaris, another £50k car, can anyone really see why one of those is £50k when a T350C with the same engine(some did have the 4.0) is worth only £20k, they're both the same car, drive the same and are even just bits of scaffolding wrapped up in plastic coated loft insulation, they have a small following and big price because that's what people pay for them and seem willing to pay, personally, I'd snap one up in instant if there was any of them in the right colour for sale.

Big Blue Winky

RMS Regular
Drives
Dodge Viper, SRT
I've seen that grey one before, can't remember if it was when I had the Lambo over there or the Boxste S, those Sags are great looking cars, just completely barmy with all those slats, I detailed a friend's laser blue one a while back, stunning car. I want a Speed 12 but the one time it came up for sale I was beaten to it, probably for the best given my previous track record for unruly TVRs.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
id rather pay 6k or less for a good type r and have the 60k in the bank just incase.

And then rip the engine out and drop it in an Elise :innocent:

I can see why people pay good money for these now, they are really rare. But it is all collector's money now, no way would they be worth it just for how nice they drive, or whatever.

You can get a 360 Modena, proper manual one, for about £40k. Or build a really nice Honda Elise for £20k or so. Either of which would drive at least as well if not better.

So £60k has nothing to do with the driving experience, as lovely as they are (I would love one!). It is a collector's investment, and will never be driven as much as a yard. Which is a shame.

If I had loads of money I would buy one of these low-miles cars just to drive them, and put as many miles as possible on them, maybe a trackday or two as well. It is what they were for after all :grinning:

A bit like James May paying thousands at an auction for a mint classic train set, in original packaging and all, only to rip it all up there and then at the auction and set it up, lol. There were men crying on TV when he did it, it was awesome, best thing he ever did!

Saunts

RMS Regular
if I had that money to spend on a car I'd definitely be going out and buying the best Ferrari I could lol.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
if I had that money to spend on a car I'd definitely be going out and buying the best Ferrari I could lol.

I'd spend it on something like a supra and spend the rest tuning it.

Don't see the point in spending megabucks on a car that is slower than something you could build for under 20k. Cars are for driving, not for parking in garages with pictures of other cars on the wall.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.