£8000 on a... saxo!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

lighter7

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E36/Disco3
It is a full sleeper like but wouldnt pay that kind of money for a saxo no matter how much BHP. But im sure there is someone somewere that would.

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
It's 330 at the fly wheel, seen that earlier but wouldn't pay over 4 for it tbh. Would surprise you though as someone might buy it.

veedubboy

RMS Regular
The Rotrex kit new is £5000 so thats prob the reason for the high price tag not to mention the other bits of kit. Rediculous money for a saxo but add all the bits up and it comes to alot of dough LOL

CJFR

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
"this car cost in excess of £32k to build" - I do love Saxos but I could think of better things to spend my money on.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
You would think it would be a "keep for life" kind of car like Keiths Nova considering the amount of money, time and effort put into it.

This it??? :confounded:

IMGP1306.jpg

pablo

RMS Moderator
cracking wee car, wouldnt be worth 8k to me but for racing etc it would be a riot.

And lol at "Id build one for less"

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
You can get Eaton chargers off eBay from the mini cooper s for about £100 (sometimes new) so its possible to build one for less

pablo

RMS Moderator
what do you do? Throw it in the engine bay and run? They wouldnt flow enough for 330bhp either I dont think.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Obviously not, no idea if the internals would need upgrading or not, but it would still be less than 8k, when i was looking into getting the ibiza charged it was coming in about 2-3k for all the work and the internals didn't need upgraded, couple of guys have charged their Lupo GTi for about 4k all in

pablo

RMS Moderator
a std gti/vts is 120bhp. Boosting it to 330bhp would almost certainly require internal work. A basic charger system might bring it to what 180bhp without internal work? Just guessing but 330 is almost 3x std power. You HAVE to do extra work to keep that reliable, ie internals, gearbox, diff etc. All mega bucks. Plus the standalone ECU fitted and mapped to actually make it driveable, cage, seats, wheels/tyres, suspension etc.

cost it up, soon gets scary.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Fair enough, but you can supercharge a vts for less than 8k ;) anything more than 120bhp is going to be quick in one of those, 180 will be a damn sight more usable than 330 :p

pablo

RMS Moderator
agreed, but pointless, we are discussing a 330bhp car, not a simple bolt on mini supercharger which yes may be done for a lot less

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
i'd say not much would keep up with it on a rolling start..
i can only imagine you'd have that feeling of impending doom every time you gave it the beans for fear something would let go..

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Be3 gearbox conversion with a diff is going to be very close to 1500 if not more and then PTS driveshafts are over 1000 new for both

pablo

RMS Moderator
personally Id rather have all that power in a rwd car. I cant see it being much fun in a fwd hatch bar in a straight line. Would shock a few exiges at kirkistown tho ha ha!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.