£8000 on a... saxo!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Yeah i cant imagine it being too much fun on the road tbh - it would be far to lairy.

106 Maxi's where 210 to 220 bhp and they where bloody quick. Its just a numbers game really without thinking too much of the practicality of it all.

Imagine that thing in the wet :confounded:

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
The understeer would be fun, good few clios in england running 280-290 bhp and they find it hard to get the foot down after corners. Would be so much fun though. Building a fully supercharged to notch saxo for under 8k mmmm I think that isn't to realistic. It wouldn't be anywhere near the quality of that build and it's components.

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
(y) indeed Pablo

Cant wait to i finally get my Rallye sorted...in the next 10 years :p
do you have a thread on the rallye on here nazor? i'm considering heading to england in jan and getting a wee s1 :grinning:

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Do it Lee, Was one of the best things I have ever bought.
are they sharp as they are made out to be? I love the whole look of them and older cars just do it for me. Do you have an old thread on here simon ?

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
106 xsi for the win!! i had one and it was brilliant wee car.. as for the vts for 8000 wouldnt waste my money..
not at all nice looking imo but ano bout the whole sleeper but its a mrk1 with extremely tacky rims lol would rather put my money into a **** quick starlet or civic!

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
£8k is almost e46 M3 money :laughing: The only way to recoup some of the money spent on mods is to strip the car and sell off what you can separately. I ended up taking all the ICE out of my Corsa at the time and selling the car for not much more than a standard one would have cost :worried: The respray cost more than what the car was sold. I ended up getting more for all the ICE on its own than what I did for the car :laughing:

Doovde

Banned
Drives
Nothing ford/VAG
Joke is on him. £32k later and its still only a saxo :-#

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
aw theres a white one at the fella's who doing the restoration on my mini and he was saying a fella from omagh owns it just thought it migh have been ur's lol

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Is it a Rallye?? that would be cool to see.

Mine needs loads of TLC at the moment. Actually hope to start back into it soon enough although i have been saying that for ages.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Joke is on him. £32k later and its still only a saxo :-#

LOL, you can't be too hard on him man, I know in this day and age we are more subtle mods and hings.

But i know many men that are friends that pumped thousands in 205's, 309's, clion, corsa's etc etc, back in the days of mad kits and shows. It's all part of growing up and modifying.

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
Is it a Rallye?? that would be cool to see.

Mine needs loads of TLC at the moment. Actually hope to start back into it soon enough although i have been saying that for ages.

aye it tidy looking not exactly sure what being done to her but hole interior out of her and inside it parked up if you know what i mean.
and i know what you mean bout satrting i bout my car to years ago and only starting her now lol

RCT

RMS Regular
You'd probabley be able to put the power down alright, you would just have to adapt your driving style and not flat to the floor on taking off from the lights everytime.

Am I the only one thinking, that if this was a Japanese car e.g Honda then the replies in this thread would be a little different??

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
ur probably right dude - :worried:

im not sure i agree about the putting the power down - you'd have to be very very gentle with it all the time and this kinda car is not about being gentle (imo) its about chuckin it around and giving it abit of abuse. I just cant imagine it been any fun except in a straight line in the dry though.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.