£8000 on a... saxo!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Niall

RMS Regular
GMC conversions are far from cheap and nothings included, I remember getting one of their first BTB exhausts (£800 iirc) and a 4 branch manifold (£300) for a Saxo and it came with nothing. No gaskets, brackets, clamps nothing.

Been lucky enough to experience one of GMC's first supercharged VTS' putting out 280bhp (showing my age a bit but it was 10 or 11 years ago). At the time that conversion cost in excess of 15k and it was a constant problem child, but when it worked it was fit enough to spin the wheels in fourth gear, full throttle was pretty much a no-go in anything under that.

However, one of these on the same road put a much bigger smile on my face and it's how I'd spend my £30k every time. George Mackay LTD : BMW M3 M3 CSL 2DR SMG AUTO

Just my 2p worth though.

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Might just be the original unit, why have music when you can listen to the whine of the charger :p

Ge0rge

Banned
nah the original unit was a kinda built in thing, its too bad he couldnt have spent a few quid out of that 32k on a decent head unit, just my thoughts like!!

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
im sure it couldve cost that much to build, 8k probably isnt bad considering the build cost. someone will buy it i know guys who love the saxos with a lot of work done to em

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
"this car cost in excess of £32k to build"

and he has a cassette head unit

Might just be the original unit, why have music when you can listen to the whine of the charger :p

nah the original unit was a kinda built in thing, its too bad he couldnt have spent a few quid out of that 32k on a decent head unit, just my thoughts like!!

LOL, agree, Now i'm sure the sound of the engine and sucking is lovely, an dgreat to listen, but as ek says, would be nice with a decent head unit. The engine will only keep you happy so long, and with a nice head unit, best of both worlds. You can quite easily turn the head unit off, when your using the engine.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
I wouldnt say 8k is excessive, If I was into Saxos and wanted a stupidly fast one, i'd buy it!

It's all about what your into I suppose. An E46 M3, as mentioned, is certainly the better car, but there's nothing more satisfying than easily beating one in a car like this.

I certainly wouldnt swap my Nova for an M3, not unless it was one of the new ones, and then i'd just sell it and build another Nova, why? Probably because i've a screw loose, but thats what i'm into.

NI Forums would be alot more interesting if more folk would think less about the badge and prestige of modern motors, got the spanners out and built something interesting. The scene here is all about modern TDI cars, in England there's alot more conversions carried out on small modern, and retro hatchbacks, which IMO is alot more interesting than seeing another "here's my new M3" thread. (not that I wouldnt love a car like an M3)
Keith

RCT

RMS Regular
The problem with here, compaired to being on the mainland is the cost of building something different. You will end up getting parts from England at some stage and the postage cost from there can be silly and it all adds up to the overall cost of a build.

Also if you want to get something made up unique and done to a high standard, you can get it done far cheaper over there. You ask someone to make something special over here, it's at least twice the price and weeks away from being done because they can't be bothered to do it and the good old 'it'll be ready next Tuesday' excuse holding you back on progress. I know, because ive been there an example being with carbon kevlar parts and just ended up going across the water.

STE_vie

RMS Regular
NI Forums would be alot more interesting if more folk would think less about the badge and prestige of modern motors, got the spanners out and built something interesting. The scene here is all about modern TDI cars, in England there's alot more conversions carried out on small modern, and retro hatchbacks, which IMO is alot more interesting than seeing another "here's my new M3" thread. (not that I wouldnt love a car like an M3)
Keith

Agreed. Car shows are pretty pointless these days here. Unless s you like silly tyres and coil overs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.