1981 Porsche 924

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
OP
richie_mck
Who has it? Coming on well boys! When's the turbo popping out?

Hopefully have the turbo back next week all being well :grinning:

The gold one is at railway auto at macfin and the red one is in a garage on the taughey rd.

Mot is booked for the gold one for mon 30th April, just waiting on a fuse box arriving, get it motd and then get it lowered and staged

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
@Woodcutter I saw RIA924 on a blue 924 at the BVOC show at Sprucefield on Sunday, I don’t believe it was for sale but I was tremendously excited at the prospect of owning both RIA924 and 944 on both models.

Yeah I've just stumbled upon that recently myself, hopefully meet him at some stage and see if he'd part with it. :grinning:

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_1919.JPG

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I think @richie_mck snd I have pretty much agreed that the red 924 has to go, we have too much other stuff going on and I can't see this car getting done anytime soon.

So we either stick in a shed somewhere and forget about it, or let it go to someone who fancies a project and will bring it back to life.

If you're interested, drop either of us a PM.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
When’s the White 944 going up for bad money? :p

richie_mck

RMS Regular
OP
richie_mck
E1210007-A333-4EF4-B734-91E9368F8D79.jpeg

Previous sale fell through, one of those boys that say they’ll take it and disappear rather than say it’s not for me.

Anyhow it’s on its way to Huddersfield for more money so all worked out.

1 down, 1 to go.......

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Finally got this wee wagon back today after a long time off getting all the electrical gremlins ironed out.

MOT booked for 3rd July, but I'll try and get a cancellation this week.

Loved the drive home. Not fast whatsoever, but just feels so nice with no steering assistance, no ABS, just get in and drive the thing.

IMG_5896.JPG

IMG_5901.JPG

IMG_5903.JPG

richie_mck

RMS Regular
OP
richie_mck
The relief of getting this back in working order was short lived, the brand new belt snapped on Graeme after about 20 miles, must have been fitted too tight, meaning @BarryPort had to step in and tow it in the mighty cossie.

B2DDD5A4-0047-49DA-85E8-DAA4460EC041.jpeg

After the grand total of £15 labour it’s back running again and hopefully fit enough to go to MOT next Tuesday, then it’ll be going up the road to a̶n̶n̶o̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d be loved by someone else, or scrapped.

F5A1F2FE-4385-47D7-B5DE-C2F7B813CDD6.jpeg

Last edited:

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Got to see it in the flesh on Sunday, one lap around it soon seduces the senses. I’d love to see this car kept the way it is - completely original, proper patina.

You just can’t get that charm anymore and the fact that’s she's running & driving 100% makes it even more useable/desirable.

147BC173-C413-446D-A8A2-D1C2C9CDE728.jpeg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Did I see this in the port tonight? If so it looks well.

Yeah, took it out for a wee spin to make sure the battery was charged after the aux belt had snapped. Just over to portrush and back. Cheers Nick :grinning:

Got to see it in the flesh on Sunday, one lap around it soon seduces the senses. I’d love to see this car kept the way it is - completely original, proper patina.

You just can’t get that charm anymore and the fact that’s she's running & driving 100% makes it even more useable/desirable.

View attachment 198030

Thanks Baz, there's definitely something nice about it, it really is a step back in time!

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
If I had the spare money I'd buy that 100%. Really fancy a usable classic.

PM what you'd need out of interest.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
OP
richie_mck
The first time I drove this was about a month ago and after a very short trip down the road to a gravelly junction I was left a bit disappointed with both the lack of pace and skids.

How wrong was I, it feels slower to drive than it is and it is great craic around a country road. If we could sort out the fuelling issue then it would be a great car for staging about.

It could do with being lowered but all in good time if it hangs about

9519901E-F68F-4CD0-9EA1-A195C8704682.jpeg

richie_mck

RMS Regular
OP
richie_mck
The fuelling issue was getting worse and was making it increasingly frustrating to drive as it would want to stall coming to a stop at a junction. We learnt from our mistake and this time sent it to Alan Roddy at roddy country garage and was able to quickly diagnose that it was a failing high pressure pump. Something the previous mechanic failed to diagnose in 2 month.

Graeme picked it up tonight and he was glad to report it’s now driving 100%.

With some people showing interest in the car this likely won’t be hanging about for much longer as we aim to reduce the projects.

Looks alright even with its squint, we have a replacement eyelid for it but never got round to fitting it.

90E5E182-882C-4A67-80C1-BD431A5D4B2C.jpeg

A38D0570-A2AA-413B-A921-3C3C47F5F048.jpeg

7CA453E0-117B-4A48-AC02-3E5B680FB227.jpeg

richie_mck

RMS Regular
OP
richie_mck
It was a cracking wee car and nippy enough, went quicker than it felt, in to triple figures with ease apparently.

We both would loved to have had this sitting absolutely mint but it was never realistically going to happen and with other cars this wasn’t getting any use. Hopefully the new owners do it proud and I look forward to seeing it about.

So long wee son
4AE2081D-B3AC-4742-83EF-C483C4FA9C27.jpeg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.