1981 Porsche 924

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I’d still love a nosey at one of the 4S’s some time before you sell them. You going to the PMG cars and coffee?

richie_mck

RMS Regular
OP
richie_mck
A302A418-6E81-4015-ACB3-158751595C76.jpeg

Safely delivered to the mechanic to cast his eye over. We stopped in at Paints and Components and with a new battery we discovered all the electric work bar the indicators flashing but that’ll be an easy fix with a new relay; very happy about that.

The body is in fantastic condition, it will be painted but the base is superb, bar a 50p blister on the wing there is no other rust, anywhere. The interior will need a few bits sorted but I’m genuinely over the moon with it.

The red one will likely be put under cover for a while, this one will definitely take priority

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
I just read up on their patent pending 1.8t conversions, if it's all original body etc then it looks like a smart idea! 280bhp in an engine half as light! I'd be drifting aghadoey in no time!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
The wee bronze 924 is almost ready to pick up from the mechanic, just waiting for two new wishbones to arrive, which will hopefully be middle of this week.

New front discs and pads
New OSF caliper
New brake cyinders
New brake shoes
New wishbones & ball joints
Replacement fuel pump relay
Serviced

Once we get it back we'll fire it through MOT and then look at getting the driver seat retrimmed and sent to the bodyshop for some paint.

Glad to finally have it up and running though!

richie_mck

RMS Regular
OP
richie_mck
It’s never getting off that lift. I would hazard a guess he’s done nothing yet

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.