1986 VW Polo Coupe S.. (Project)

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Love these cars.
Ex used to have a gt coupe iirc it had a g40 box fitted to it. Such a belter wee motor. Would love another one.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Got the interior back from @big_pete and they are mint so got them fitted back in, just need two bits threaded together and theyll be perfect but im over the moon with the inside!
Also fitted new plug leads & cleaned up some wiring.
I will be fitting a new fuel pump & distributor soon then just clean the heat shield and its complete!
Picking up the refurbed wheels on monday as didnt get a chance yesterday!
Doesnt look that much different but its the little changes that im really happy with!
20160130_161510.jpg
20160130_150657.jpg
20160130_150647.jpg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
First car I ever owned was a 1.3 Coupe - wee special edition model called a Parade :oops: Cracking wee motor in a lovely dark blue colour. Put a set of TSW wheels on it which started my modding obsession.
This one looks very tidy (y)

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Cool little car, you will have to bring it down so I can get a look at it :grinning:

Soon as i get it MOT'd il pop in and let you have a nosey!
I will get the mk5 booked in with you in next few weeks to get the interior cleaned in it aswell (y)

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Who did the wheels for ye?
Got them done by UNIVERSAL INDUSTRIAL SPRAYING in Killwee industrial estate in dunmurry!
Amazing finish on the wheels and even better was i left them in on thursday afternoon and they were ready on friday but only got time to pick them up today (y)

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
The centre caps were delivered today so need my tyres to hurry up and arrive!!!
The new discs arrived from TPS too so will get front & rear brakes overhauled tomorrow at some stage.
Took a heatgun to the plastics to freshen them up and for them being 30years old they came up very well.
20160202_103732.jpg
20160202_190358.jpg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Nice touch lad, I was looking for 106 Gti ones on eBay too lol, so your not the only nerd on here8-|

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Great stuff. I had an 87 one of these years ago. It was a great machine except when the throttle return spring snapped one morning and my wife who was driving ir at the time took off across Peters Hill at full pelt. She never liked it after that and it was replaced ny a Cavalier. I found a photo of it the other day so must scan it and post it. Keep up the good work. Always good to see something a bit different being restored.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Got afew things sourced that i need so just waiting on them arriving!
Ordered new genuine rubber floor mats,then sourced genuine front mudflaps along with a spare twin spotlight grille & cigarette lighter and heater cotrol knobs.
One of my favourite things is that i was able to find an original radio!!! Arrived yesterday so had to take 5mins and fit it,will get better photos later when the other bits arrive (y)

Attachments

• 20160211_122840.jpg
    20160211_122840.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 156

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
20160211_140421_zps6mp8uxhy.jpg
[/URL]

Here's some very bad scans of photos of my old Polos. The S was actually a GT and appeared to have been a european spec car ordered in RHD. Caused all sorts of problems with some insurance companies. It developed an awful misfire at one point and no matter what I did I couldn't get it cured. Luckily opened the bonnet one night just as it was getting dark to discover the spark was tracking across the block. Thr new leads I had fitted had a metal shroud which was allowing the spark to travel. Five minutes with some electrical tape and misfire was cured.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Got afew things sourced that i need so just waiting on them arriving!
Ordered new genuine rubber floor mats,then sourced genuine front mudflaps along with a spare twin spotlight grille & cigarette lighter and heater cotrol knobs.
One of my favourite things is that i was able to find an original radio!!! Arrived yesterday so had to take 5mins and fit it,will get better photos later when the other bits arrive (y)
Have you find any good sites to get new parts? After mudflaps for the golf and a few other odds and ends.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
@peter wilson them photos are top class! Yes the european polo was called a GT but in the uk it was known a the coupe S!
If you have anymore photos upload them!!!

And i had a laugh at the misfire cure as you certainly wouldnt be able to fix a modern day car with some electrical tape!!:p

Im hoping to have the car on the road in the next few weeks so will get some.proper photos posted!:cool:

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Have you find any good sites to get new parts? After mudflaps for the golf and a few other odds and ends.
Cormac i have just been looking on ebay/amazon but you would be surprised at how many things can still be ordered through TPS!
I will link you to a good seller on ebay that does sells of alot new vw parts for for older models!

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Overhauled the rear brakes and fitted the new exhaust today and all is sounding good! Also fitted my new mats so interior is 99% finished.
Going to pick up the rest of the things i need tonight then its MOT/paint time later in the week!
Its getting there now,looking forward to getting it on the road!

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Starting to get prepared for paint! Stripped the wing off as need to trial fit the new wing to make sure all fits ok!
Afew slight wee bits of surface rust which are a five minute fix but again the car is in unreal condition,so happy lol..
All original wax still on it,just needs a good wash to get the dirt off!

20160219_142412.jpg

Also got my new tyres on, i was like a kid on christmas morning when i picked them up and they are only 13" :p
20160219_132427.jpg