1989 740 SE 2.0 Manual

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Seems to be as much love for Volvos, as M3's on the forum at the minute...I'd honestly rather have this:party:

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
@karron quite possible, its the only white one I know of left in NI and I was on that road this morning going to work

I'd love to use this as a daily driver, cost of fuel is just too high :worried:

Thanks for the comments people, when you see it on the road, givus a flash :grinning:

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
Seems to be as much love for Volvos, as M3's on the forum at the minute...I'd honestly rather have this:party:

I'm a secret Volvo lover too, my "fetish" is more geared towards the 850 but I quietly appreciate anything Swedish and square

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Class!! I love old skool Volvos

just reminds me of this lol!!

3123c67947e567f5a9526204e2cf3bd5.jpg

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Love your 740. Have a 2.3 auto estate myself which I bought as a stopgap a few years ago and now won't part with it. Good to see these cars being appreciated more these days.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Volvos old and new do catch my eye - they have more character than the abundance of VAG clones on the road

Im sure sales were improved with those Twilight films...albeit the actual films are complete crap....

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Seen this car at Broadway roundabout this morning I think, definately stands out from the rest of the crowd in the morning rush hour
Looks very well

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Dang!! I still havent seen it and Im around those areas throughout the day :worried:

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
IMG_20140616_105803.jpg
The graphic is an accessory, I know a guy has one for sale if you want one @lightning they are plug and play, makes some difference to them!

Never seen the above comments, thank you folks.

Bit of an update, just back from family holiday with the car to Blackpool. Covered 800+ miles in a week with no hassle at all. Also spent April / May sorting a few annoying little problems before the holiday, big things where a leaking head gasket (past 4 years) and a clutch (past 8 years) so decided it was time they were done.
IMG_20140630_203144.jpg
IMG_20140630_203144.jpg
IMG_20140616_105823.jpg

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Spotted the big bus on the job a few weeks back (towing a trailer), definitely an eye catcher being so rare on the road. Looks great.

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
800 miles should have been no problem in the 740. Seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat in in a car. The head gasket is something that will need to be done on mine at sometime in the future as bit of an oil leak around the head. I do like the Virgos on the 740 might see if I can get a set for mine, although I wouldn't mind a 240 GLT attached! Have you checked out some of the Volvos on Retro Rides. Some really tasty machines with loads of time and money spent on them.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
Thanks for the comments :grinning:

Yep, you could well have seen it with a trailer, i wouldn't think twice about putter her to a days work, shes more than capable :grinning:

Definitely they are becoming a rare beast on Britain's roads, only seen 1 other 740 the week I was in England and it was a battered facelift model estate and only a hand full of 940's.

I just wish now I had looked after this one better when I got it as there are a few things now which are starting to show her age, but they will be fixed and I'll hopefully have it for a long time yet!!

corsacj

RMS Regular
Love it, In epic condition for the age too. Some amount of car to be polishing at though lol

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
Love it, In epic condition for the age too. Some amount of car to be polishing at though lol
was going to say estates are worse LoL. Thanks for the comments folks, I'm glad to see these old motors are starting to be reconised as classics. The up keep of it isnt actually too bad if you keep on top of it, ive only polished it once this year, i do plan to do it again and then wax it, probably before it gets put away for the winter ffs lol