2003 Honda 600RR

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
What about a nice gold chain 😇

I know, a refresh of the chain and sprockets will be done over the winter, give me a chance @Lee 🤣

Waiting on EBC Pads arriving today so il get them fitted then maybe get a genuine honda oil filter & change oil but it has just been serviced by previous owner.
Going to take it up the coast on Sunday morning to the Ford Fair show as weather looks to be great!
Having no luck sourcing an exhaust yet so the search continues 😊

• Haha
Reactions: Lee

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
I know, a refresh of the chain and sprockets will be done over the winter, give me a chance @Lee 🤣

Waiting on EBC Pads arriving today so il get them fitted then maybe get a genuine honda oil filter & change oil but it has just been serviced by previous owner.
Going to take it up the coast on Sunday morning to the Ford Fair show as weather looks to be great!
Having no luck sourcing an exhaust yet so the search continues 😊

A friend of mine has this exhaust on his 600rr and it sounds great.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
A friend of mine has this exhaust on his 600rr and it sounds great.

I had started to look at Arrow or Micron exhausts and also MIVV as i seen they were exhaust supplier to the Honda Repsol MotoGP team some years back.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
MIVV are wonderful quality. Had one on my Hornet.

Thats good to hear @mikey they do look well made and get good reviews online.
20220529_150908.jpg

The lads keeping an eye on the bike for me 😂

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Got stuck into giving the RR a proper clean, so washed it, dried then tackled it with ACF50 as i did the same with the Hornet and was really impressed with ACF50.
Took 2 hours but very happy with the results!

Another mod done, wanted to see how red rim tape looked and think it suits the bike well.
Going to give it a while before i decide to keep or not as if i do il buy the Genuine Honda rim tape, this is cheaper rim tape as i wanted to be certain before spending big money for a couple of stickers lol.
Screenshot_20220611-082311_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220611-082617_Gallery.jpg

wes

RMS Regular
Acf50 was a great job when i had the bike never had a spot of rust. Your bike looks stunning not jealous at all lol

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Acf50 was a great job when i had the bike never had a spot of rust. Your bike looks stunning not jealous at all lol

Thanks, its not perfect but i do smile everytime i look at it nevermind ride it😊
The few times ive used ACF50 it really has impressed me.
Rim tape helps lift the wheels.Go for it!

The wheels definitely needed brightened up and think this could be a stayer but il order the proper honda stickers as love my genuine parts😇

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Such a great looking bike and the red tape looks good. Curious what the difference is with oem tape lol. Surly it’s all just 3m vinyl or something

Lee

RMS Regular
That wee clean up has took her up another notch! Looks lovely sitting in the sun.

The rim tape isn't for me personally but then I've never been a fan of any stickers on wheels, probably in a minority

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Such a great looking bike and the red tape looks good. Curious what the difference is with oem tape lol. Surly it’s all just 3m vinyl or something

Id say it would be practically the same, only difference being it says Honda at one point on each one.
That wee clean up has took her up another notch! Looks lovely sitting in the sun.

The rim tape isn't for me personally but then I've never been a fan of any stickers on wheels, probably in a minority

I was same as you lee, wasnt a big fan before but i do like how the tape has freshened it up abit.
Going to see how i get on once i get it out for a run and see how it looks parked up lol.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
For a 20 year old bike, that could be 2 years old for all I know - they age so well IMO (most sport bikes)

PS - I know nothing about bikes

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
What an awesome bike. Hard to believe its a 2003 model. still looks so fresh. I really need a go on one of these, to see if its worth having one at some point, although I always figured I'd go for a 750 if going to a sports bike again.

Enjoy it.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
What an awesome bike. Hard to believe its a 2003 model. still looks so fresh. I really need a go on one of these, to see if its worth having one at some point, although I always figured I'd go for a 750 if going to a sports bike again.

Enjoy it.

Appreciate the comment @EF Ian
Im really pleased with the RR and so glad i went for one for my first sports bike😊 still looks nice in amongst the modern day monster superbikes.
More than welcome to take it a blast if a RMS meet goes ahead at some stage!
Got some time to get the Yoshimura RS-5 fitted. Very well made exhaust and fits just like a factory pipe with no messing about needed.
Sounds so crisp now, just need to get a manifold/decat next!
Looks the part too i think with the carbon end cap 😎
No chance i was fitting the DB killer😂
Screenshot_20220617-093621_Samsung capture.jpg

20220614_211436.jpg

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Honestly to me, that looks as good as anything more modern, unlike many bikes from early 2000's which do look noticeably a little dated.

Yoshi looks great and I'm sure it sounds it.

Would be interesting to swap bikes, I love how my bike rides now, but it would be very different to the RR.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
So eh this happened 😂 going to give Dynocentre NI a call and see about getting it mapped/power commander. I see he does Woolich Racing software and a mate has used him before and gave good reports.
Screenshot_20220707-175922_Gallery.jpg

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
So eh this happened 😂 going to give Dynocentre NI a call and see about getting it mapped/power commander. I see he does Woolich Racing software and a mate has used him before and gave good reports.
View attachment 367712
Christian knows his stuff and will do a great job on it.Give him a shout sooner rather than later as there could be quite a waiting list to get your bike done.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Christian knows his stuff and will do a great job on it.Give him a shout sooner rather than later as there could be quite a waiting list to get your bike done.

Yes @Slimsbikers im going to give Christian a ring tomorrow as im sure itll be well after the holidays before he can take it for mapping.
Just want it setup properly with the new bits being added although the bike is going the best at the minute.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
View attachment 367712
Shiney 🤤. I’ve no experience personally but I’ve heard mixed reports about woolich software on various bikes. If he’s writing from scratch to suit your bike it would be a better option I suppose.
Evan Dynes in Lurgan/Dollingstown is a good shout for powercommander/dyno mapping as well, especially with Hondas.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Shiney 🤤. I’ve no experience personally but I’ve heard mixed reports about woolich software on various bikes. If he’s writing from scratch to suit your bike it would be a better option I suppose.
Evan Dynes in Lurgan/Dollingstown is a good shout for powercommander/dyno mapping as well, especially with Hondas.

@mikey have you used Dynes before? They were actually recommended to me funny enough!

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
@mikey have you used Dynes before? They were actually recommended to me funny enough!
I’ve used dynes for a good few things in the past but never dyno set up. Any of the bikes I’d be building with the uncle would all be carburettor so just really set them up by ear/feel lol. He has been at it a lifetime though so would have no qualms in sending one of my own bikes to him. Very switched on guy. If you ring up you’ll probably get his wife Karen who can give you ideas of pricing etc.