2003 Vauxhall VX220 2.2

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Now have an additional garage ornament. Spent an hour there clearing up the garage. Tools everywhere. So much blue roll used to clean up clutch fluid, gearbox oil, and coolant which went everywhere.

F6052089-A1D8-4A3A-88A2-E3434CABD3E7.jpeg
965B4C33-CC9B-4912-8851-8E9688D80B50.jpeg

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
I actually have one of those (well the bottom of an old dog cage but exactly the same thing) but I ended up keeping all my tools and sockets etc on it.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
First drive largely successful (no heroics, just a quick shakedown to make sure nothing falls off), 3rd and 5th are popping out but think I just need to adjust the gearstick to allow a bit more push forwards. If I give it a good shove it goes in and stays in so happy its not a box issue.

Drained the box of the cheap ECP gearoil and filled with the snazzy Redline oil. Hoping to not see that again for a very long time.

Also fitted my centre brace to brace the bottom suspension mounts together. The VX220 is known for a smidge too much flex in the subframe so this takes care of that.

Still a few jobs to wrap up before trackskills on sunday but looking about as good as I could hope for! Most of the exhaust heatwrap crumbled off so not sure if Ill re-wrap or just leave it and sort it over winter.

2020-11-09 12.09.55.jpg

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
second drive felt good with the undertray bolted on and stopping the sideskirts flapping about. Removed the centre console and adjusted the gearstick back a bit and all gears now feeling good, no more popping out of 3rd/5th

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Sounds class with the S/C whine. (y)
Is there the slightest missfire around 0:44 in the first vid going up the back straight? Don't hear it on the start finish straight though. Might be my old ears though.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Nope, you're right, just listened again with the volume turned up and it's clean. Need to get me ears cleaned out ffs. 🤦‍♂️

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
you need a phone aye, I have it on iPhone but pretty sure you can get it on Android too.

you can use the phone camera but with the iphones floating lens the quality sucks

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Those mounts are pretty good, I used the suction mount and it worked fine. A bit rattly but perfectly fine.

There's a stabiliser mount too. Toyed with that but a bit overkill for trackdays.

Don't forget remote mic in the engine bay :innocent: