2005 NHB Civic Type R Premier - NOW FOR SALE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Had a crack at wrapping the intake manifold cover but couldn't quite get it 100%, thought I'd fire a pic up anyway

IMG_6410_zpse49ef73f.jpg

As you can see the film just won't stretch down inside the bolt holes so I took the film back off, close though!! Think I'll try my hand at hydro-dipping it instead (y)

In the process of cleaning out the engine bay, rocker cover could do with a refurb and considering a powder coated one to replace it. May also mirror polish the intake manifold too if I can figure out how to get it off.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Don't think I've had a chance to get any photo's since fitting the 30mm Apex springs but here's a quickie I took on my phone last night after a wash. @MattVtecyo not too high, not too low and no crazy camber! Sc3n3/st4nc3 fanboys gonna hate :p

Wheels were also done by Michael @ Polished Alloys, very pleased with them (y)

IMG_6442_zpsec57efa8.jpg

IMG_6444_zps6884733d.jpg

Also got this a while back but hadn't got round to fitting it, the old "leather" gear gaiter looked cheap and tacky and was too short for the throw of the gearstick resulting in it pulling the bottom part of the centre console out sometimes so I got this nice alcantera item with red stitching to match the seats (y)

IMG_6445_zps9a60be68.jpg

That PasswordJDM gearknob might go soon too, undecided

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Looks great Gazzle :grinning:

Great colour on the wheels too. Wouldn't change a thing about it personally (well OK, maybe the gear knob at a push) :p

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Looks great Gazzle :grinning:

Great colour on the wheels too. Wouldn't change a thing about it personally (well OK, maybe the gear knob at a push) :p

Yeah really lifts it I think. I've never liked that PWJDM knob, thinking a Skunk2 item is called for, either polished or titanium but I've some other stuff to sort out first.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
She's looking real well there Gary, some shine off it!!

Needs a detail to be honest but that'll be done soon enough

Yeah that has a really nice drop!
Can I ask how much Michael charged you? PM me if you like

Yeah sits perfectly in my opinion, no hassle with ramps and still practical around the back roads unlike half the other EP3's in this country trailing their arses around lol that just ruins them

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Not fancy a blue rocker or something else @GazEP3? Everyone seems to have gone the purple route, just my opinion:grinning:

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Not fancy a blue rocker or something else @GazEP3? Everyone seems to have gone the purple route, just my opinion:grinning:

Don't fancy blue, and to be honest I've not seen any purple ones about. It's one of those scenario's where you try to be different and end up being the same as everyone else lol I just go with whatever I like personally, don't really give a toss what everyone else is running (y)

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
No point being just another RMS sheep and doing what everyone else tells you to ;) that's half the problem these days, no originality

Lol! Exactly, I went with RS blue on mine to be a lil different:grinning: + my intake pipe was blue!lol

image.jpg

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
What is the quality of the finish like? You said it was Universal Industrial Sprayers in Dunmurry did it but I couldn't fin any decent pics online. The quality of that one I saw on eBay was very very good! Really nice smooth bright finish

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
I think that purple is awesome looking! Would need to get other shiny bits to match!

Me too (y) I've a metal polishing kit here that I bought for the scoob but never got using, may try and take the intake manifold off and polish it up, and anything else I can find lol

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
And with the car not far off 80k I've decided to do some preventative maintenance and get the timing chain and tensioner replaced. It has only just turned 78,000 miles and although I'm told the car has had a fairly easy life in the hands of it's previous owner I like to air on the cautious side as they do stretch.

IMG_6483_zps895d6ce2.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.