2007 LeMans Blue E90 320d MSport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Lovely colour - really sets it apart from the SE's

E90's really need blackline rear clusters - make such a difference

I would go for the competition wheels

Who would ever have thought an E90 would look awesome in yellow!! That's stunning!

bmw-e90-accuair-vossen-cvt-airsociety-feature-bagged-air-suspension-008-jpg.65887

106lad

RMS Regular
OP
106lad
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Thanks to @Woodcutter the car has the old crappy BMW battery changed out for a lorry like Varta battery, an kit for a service which was done on saturday.

A much sweeter running engine now, quieter, and returning a few more mpgs :grinning:

Next up, Wheels & Front Bumper Painted.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Thanks to @Woodcutter the car has the old crappy BMW battery changed out for a lorry like Varta battery, an kit for a service which was done on saturday.

A much sweeter running engine now, quieter, and returning a few more mpgs :grinning:

Next up, Wheels & Front Bumper Painted.

Happy days Mark, I still think you need sectioned for selling that lovely 3.0, but those extra mpg's are hard to ignore for a nice daily! :grinning:

106lad

RMS Regular
OP
106lad
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Happy days Mark, I still think you need sectioned for selling that lovely 3.0, but those extra mpg's are hard to ignore for a nice daily! :grinning:

Got decent money for it, and it needed a few things sorted, but i still have the Imola to toy with. It hard to beat a bit of Luxury in a "Daily"

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Got decent money for it, and it needed a few things sorted, but i still have the Imola to toy with. It hard to beat a bit of Luxury in a "Daily"

Did you see the GT2 that Munich Legends have for sale? £22k!

106lad

RMS Regular
OP
106lad
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Ok. So I've managed to get a bit more done to the 320d.

Yesterday say quite a bit of work done. First up, courtesy of AH Auto Services in Antrim, changed the down swept exhaust tip to a much more fitting dual exit.

In progress.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413121458.764174.jpg

Almost there
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413121507.966256.jpg

Once this was done it was on to grab some Space Grey 19" CSLs with the massive concave from @BenE, massive thanks again.

So. The new wheels. :grinning:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413121587.303147.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413121612.225739.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413121636.490564.jpg

And a dirty shot

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413121662.508075.jpg

Over the moon. Though I think the front may need some spacers.

Next up. Is to paint the front bumper. It's badly marked. And stone chipped. Then some carbon. :grinning:

106lad

RMS Regular
OP
106lad
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
And also fitted:

Some new tailored mats and a Genuine BMW Performance Gearknob.

Edit: dont mind the dirt in the gaiter. [emoji13]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413190154.046777.jpg

106lad

RMS Regular
OP
106lad
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Is that a shorter stick too? Looks tiny.

The gearknob is shorter than the previous MSport one. It does look tiny to begin with but you get more "feel" and a shorter weighted throw with this one. It's actually quite nice when you get used to it.

106lad

RMS Regular
OP
106lad
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Looking well now....wheels are a great job.

Ah they're brilliant. The colour really suits the blue! I was sceptical to begin with.

I'm thinking on some spacers now just to bring the front out a bit. Maybe a small spacer at the back?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Looks great Mark, good work.

Front spacers definitely needed, will look much meaner with those fitted.

I'd go with some dark line rear lights and a smaller lip spoiler too.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
I agree with @Woodcutter , the E90's really need a set of dark line rear clusters and a discreet lip spoiler to set them off

Nice work on the twin pipes and CSL's, I think I seen this car around Boucher recently?

106lad

RMS Regular
OP
106lad
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Looks great Mark, good work.

Front spacers definitely needed, will look much meaner with those fitted.

I'd go with some dark line rear lights and a smaller lip spoiler too.

Darklines are in the pipeline, just trying to get the car toi a more acceptable standard, the front bumper bugs me at th minute, as its stonechipped, an a massive scrape to the drivers side. So some Paint and Carbon Splittrs are on the list too.

I dont mind the spoiler thats on it, its not too offensive, though i do agree a nice carbon lip Spoiler would be nice.

I agree with @Woodcutter , the E90's really need a set of dark line rear clusters and a discreet lip spoiler to set them off

Nice work on the twin pipes and CSL's, I think I seen this car around Boucher recently?

Id doubt you saw this car on the Boucher. It spents most of its life at the International Airport. :p

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Darklines are in the pipeline, just trying to get the car toi a more acceptable standard, the front bumper bugs me at th minute, as its stonechipped, an a massive scrape to the drivers side. So some Paint and Carbon Splittrs are on the list too.

I dont mind the spoiler thats on it, its not too offensive, though i do agree a nice carbon lip Spoiler would be nice.

Id doubt you saw this car on the Boucher. It spents most of its life at the International Airport. :p

Well TBH there's quite a few modded E90 320d's kicking about NI....so it was probably a doppelganger....:p

There's a real clean tidy example that is parked near Falcon road in Le Mans blue, I'll see if I can get a pic

Last edited:

106lad

RMS Regular
OP
106lad
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Thanks Wayne. Looking forward to smartening up the front end next with some paint and carbon. :grinning:

106lad

RMS Regular
OP
106lad
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
So finally getting round to updating this.

Got the bad score on the front end painted, kidney grill surround in gloss black rather than Matt. And carbon goodies. Gave her a wash there so here's the pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420381382.813276.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420381398.560953.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420381407.713147.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420381447.948903.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420381465.449934.jpg

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Very nice, I got a touring version recently and it's a lovely place to spend a few hours a day in.

Where did you get the carbon bits from?

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Looks superb! Driven the 330D M-Sport in these a few times and its a nice place to be with bags of torque!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.