2017 Alpine White M140i

nathanlr

RMS Regular
Drives
GR YARIS
Love it except it is too quiet. I will wait until I have put a 1000 miles on it and see how it sounds.
It is louder in sport + but no traction control.

I added a BCS midpipe to my MPE and think it sounds like it should have from the factory now!

nathanlr

RMS Regular
Drives
GR YARIS
The new filter stops me from doing this.

This filter seems quite frustrating - it looks like Remus are making a full cat-back system that should work with the filter. Any idea if it’ll have any impact on any other engine mods?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
This filter seems quite frustrating - it looks like Remus are making a full cat-back system that should work with the filter. Any idea if it’ll have any impact on any other engine mods?

I think it has a minor effect - the boost was increased on some cars to keep the power outputs the same. Remove the filter and map the car, and it's back to the same capability.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Not sure yet, probably too early to say. I read that BMW is stopping production of the mpe systems.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I think it has a minor effect - the boost was increased on some cars to keep the power outputs the same. Remove the filter and map the car, and it's back to the same capability.
Seems to be if you remove the filter it makes the car illegal and then no insurance. On a new car you will have no warranty.

StuartS

RMS Regular
OP
StuartS
Booked in next week for a paint correction and ceramic coating with PMG. Looking forward to seeing the results. Any recommendations for shampoo/snow foam to maintain the car afterwards?

Dave..

RMS Regular
Booked in next week for a paint correction and ceramic coating with PMG. Looking forward to seeing the results. Any recommendations for shampoo/snow foam to maintain the car afterwards?
Stick up a few pictures after you get it done as I am thinking about the for my car.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
BD594345-3BB4-489F-AB7B-636E04031C49.png
C15810FD-9F5E-40FD-B1B4-152A4A356D5D.png

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Serious performance from these with a stage 2 map and few bits .really impressive wee car that would be .Anyone have one tuned on here .Still after lots of years,I’m yet to love the looks though .

Last edited:

nathanlr

RMS Regular
Drives
GR YARIS

Pete did GTechniq ceramic coating on my from the dealer - I use Orchard Citrus Preclean and Snow Foam, or Autobrite Direct Citrus/Snowfoam/Purple Velvet. The GTechniq C2V liquid crystal and Autobrite Elegance are both great quick detailers

nathanlr

RMS Regular
Drives
GR YARIS
Serious performance from these with a stage 2 map and few bits .really impressive wee car that would be .Anyone have one tuned on here .Still after lots of years get to love the looks though .

JB4 and an LSD! Waiting for someone local to go full stage 2 before considering it!

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Wee bro was saying you booked in today, I'm not back in work until next week. We use all of @Big Pimp wash products. Highly recommend them :grinning: we will have it looking lovely for you

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
As i told you in work. Anachem - Articulate, Gleam, Ultrafoam and Hybrid. Job jobbed.

I’ll keep you right ;)

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Thank you guys!

I can’t wait until someone stage 2’s one of these.

A real popping and banging pocket rocket

Dave..

RMS Regular
@StuartS
From the BMW M140i Shadow Edition Club on Facebook
Check your coolant tank:
I strongly advise ALL M140i owners to check their level NOW as this does not appear to be a ‘one off’.

I checked mine and it was below the min mark and I have only done 1200 miles.

nathanlr

RMS Regular
Drives
GR YARIS
@StuartS
Check your coolant tank:
I strongly advise ALL M140i owners to check their level NOW as this does not appear to be a ‘one off’.

Have topped both tanks up in mine twice!! Only got a warning once and now keep an eye regularly

StuartS

RMS Regular
OP
StuartS
@StuartS
Check your coolant tank:

Thanks for the heads up!

StuartS

RMS Regular
OP
StuartS
Ordered up some ultrafoam, gleam, purge & hybrid from Anachem to maintain the M140i, to go with the ultragloss, ultra sheen, articulate and tarminator that I already have.

Car is getting dropped into PMG tomorrow and I can’t wait to see the results come Saturday

Last edited: