2018 Audi RS3 Ara blue

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
What did he put in instead?
I honestly don't know, he did it on an Android pad and I just had to fill in my details and that I had sold it. On the new style tax book there is nowhere for the buyer and seller to sign, just the buyer to fill in details but in this case he said he wanted to tax it straight away so he wanted it done online. All was and is fine my end.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
funny i just noticed its on usedcars as a private sale there and was coming on here to cross check if it was your old one

does the plate actually exist?

I ran the reg on our system and it comes back with no results. It's still on the old plate JGZ3669, I expect he's using the IFZ plate to stop people checking the car!

Funny how he has listed the car as a 2019, when it comes up on my system as a 2017 model, registered 31/01/2018!

Gambit

RMS Regular
It's a plate he had on his C63
1578314988752.png

the IFZ9 doesnt come up at all

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
bit of digging - looks like he sold an X5 a few weeks back, that had that plate on...... who knows.... defo doesnt sound like someone i'd be buying a 35K car off anyway !!

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
What a chancer, we should all start ringing him about the car and waste his time.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Yes I get that it's not nice, but if you got a price for the car that you were happy enough to let it go, then why worry about what the next owner does.
And anyone handing over that sort of money (in fact the price is irrelevant) for a car and not check that details are correct deserve all they get.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Yes I get that it's not nice, but if you got a price for the car that you were happy enough to let it go, then why worry about what the next owner does.
And anyone handing over that sort of money (in fact the price is irrelevant) for a car and not check that details are correct deserve all they get.
I realise all that and I'm happy with what I got for the car but I hate seeing misleading ads and dodgy sellers especially when it's a car I just sold to him.

I got caught myself with a dodgy private sale years ago and it ended up the police involvement to sort it before I took the law into my own hands. The seller was a 60 year old financial adviser that lived on the Malone Road!!!!

Saying "they deserve all they get" by trusting a seller is harsh and I don't agree with that at all. Must remember not to do a deal with you without checking everything.

Last edited:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I realise all that and I'm happy with what I got for the car but I hate seeing misleading ads and dodgy sellers especially when it's a car I just sold to him.

I got caught myself with a dodgy private sale years ago and it ended up the police involvement to sort it before I took the law into my own hands. The seller was a 60 year old financial adviser that lived on the Malone Road!!!!

Saying "they deserve all they get" by trusting a seller is harsh and I don't agree with that at all. Must remember not to do a deal with you without checking everything.
Deserving all they get was probably harshly put, but what I have learned, is trust no one and check everything yourself.

sam_man

RMS Regular
Autotrader Add is down now. He definitely sounds like a shark. Guys like that will always meet their match....eventually!

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Is that the guy that bought @WSM's R8? Reg seems familiar.

Last edited by a moderator:

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
how can it be 1 owner too......... must have been minimally 1 owner before you... so even if he is trade (not sure if he is/isnt) then its at least 2 owners.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Sh1t I was making enquiries about this car this week .i had a feeling it was your old car but never thought for a minute anything dodgy about it .balls to that as I love the colour and it’s good spec .😡

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Sh1t I was making enquiries about this car this week .i had a feeling it was your old car but never thought for a minute anything dodgy about it .balls to that as I love the colour and it’s good spec .😡
What’s he like on negotiating on the price?

The car should be fine though. If I remember right it had about 24500 miles on it when I sold it.