2018 Riviera Blue Audi R8 V10+

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Car going to Rick on Thursday morning - with pick up on Friday all being well meaning this weekend will mostly be spent with the music off, windows down and the right pedal on the floor. :monkey:

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 13.13.44.png
I like the spoiler idea
I do like this also, but, the Vorsteiner is a little more.... can't believe I am saying this about Vorsteiner stuff....... subtle.

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Hah. I'm not sure if you are serious... but if you are.

This was my dream car as I mentioned. This meant when I had the opportunity to get one it just made sense (financially, not really of course). That was a big driver. The R8 was iconic for me in terms of what I remember as being one of my favourite looking cars when I was growing up etc.

I think it will handle the miles much better than a Ferrari -- I'm not really sure as any Ferrari owner I know does not daily their Ferrari so I have no real idea if a Ferrari would be a daily driver. The R8 most certainly is. It's comfortable to be in for few hours/day without much issue.

Price. I'll not get a brand new Ferrari for the price of an R8 - that's just plain fact. This is a very well specced R8 and it's not close to what a Ferrari would be. So on to why not a 3-5 year old Ferrari... Well that would quite frankly scare the ***** out of me if anything happened to it.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Hah. I'm not sure if you are serious... but if you are.

This was my dream car as I mentioned. This meant when I had the opportunity to get one it just made sense (financially, not really of course). That was a big driver. The R8 was iconic for me in terms of what I remember as being one of my favourite looking cars when I was growing up etc.

I think it will handle the miles much better than a Ferrari -- I'm not really sure as any Ferrari owner I know does not daily their Ferrari so I have no real idea if a Ferrari would be a daily driver. The R8 most certainly is. It's comfortable to be in for few hours/day without much issue.

Price. I'll not get a brand new Ferrari for the price of an R8 - that's just plain fact. This is a very well specced R8 and it's not close to what a Ferrari would be. So on to why not a 3-5 year old Ferrari... Well that would quite frankly scare the ***** out of me if anything happened to it.

If I wasn't serious I'd just WhatsApp you slabbering instead lol, thanks for input just asked as I am viewing Ferrari's on Auto Trader rather than doing my work.....

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Think you drove past me in coopers mill at the weekend.... certainly was blue with a '3' plate. Awesome!

Reactions: WSM

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Most likely @Smick - few friends in there. :grinning:

@AlpineF30 there are some nice examples but a Ferrari isn't a daily driver (IMHO and many friends eyes also) but they are cool. Very very cool. I've driven a 488 and it's simply magnificent.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
You don't have a McLaren on your bedroom wall so I would have been sad. I like you being reminded of me when you go to sleep :grinning:

Serious answer... you can't even get them serviced here and test driving one was out of the question.
That was just creepy :joy: and I’m almost 30 I don’t have car posters on my bedroom wall now :joy:

Short trip over to Scotland wouldn’t have been hard to organise lol although they probably are in the same price bracket as the Ferrari’s.

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
That was just creepy :joy: and I’m almost 30 I don’t have car posters on my bedroom wall now :joy:

Short trip over to Scotland wouldn’t have been hard to organise lol although they probably are in the same price bracket as the Ferrari’s.
Nah McLarens are cheaper than Ferraris -- obviously models depending.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.