2023 MV 750 Crosskart buggy

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Might be understeer city 😂

If it's dry me and I'd imagine everyone else will be trying to preserve tyres as there are no slicks allowed in the Buggy Ireland rounds.
I didn't realise that.

It's a good thing though, surely, for keeping costs down and also levelling out the playing field as tyre management of someone fast might beat outright pace.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I didn't realise that.

It's a good thing though, surely, for keeping costs down and also levelling out the playing field as tyre management of someone fast might beat outright pace.
Yes but they have allowed all compounds so red label super softs will be the fastest but I doubt anyone will get a day out of a set.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
IMG_1230.jpg

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Cheers for the pic, it's great 😃

I messed up today, miscounted my laps on the first run but that didn't matter much. My driving was good...........I thought! My times weren't. The annoying thing is I don't know where I could have gone much quicker 🤔

I wasn't very happy at the end of this run 🤬 one blue flag and he didn't see it!

Last edited:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Cheers for the pic, it's great 😃

I messed up today, miscounted my laps on the first run but that didn't matter much. My driving was good...........I thought! My times weren't. The annoying thing is I don't know where I could have gone much quicker 🤔

I wasn't very happy at the end of this run 🤬 one blue flag and he didn't see it!

A general observation, not specific to you in any way, is that I could count on one hand the number of drivers using every inch of the track.

So much time to be gained with experience of that lay out, and track driving in general.

Most drove like they were on a closed road, allowing space for clipping hedges that don't exist. More noticeable with the younger looking drivers, to be fair.

I was only there for a while, otherwise I'd have come said hello.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
A general observation, not specific to you in any way, is that I could count on one hand the number of drivers using every inch of the track.

So much time to be gained with experience of that lay out, and track driving in general.

Most drove like they were on a closed road, allowing space for clipping hedges that don't exist. More noticeable with the younger looking drivers, to be fair.

I was only there for a while, otherwise I'd have come said hello.
Was I?

I always try to use all the track whilst leaving a little margin for an unexpected slide.

I did see alot of guys using grass and dirt yesterday as well as a lot demolition of chicanes. I never put a wheel wrong on any run.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Was I?

I always try to use all the track whilst leaving a little margin for an unexpected slide.

I did see alot of guys using grass and dirt yesterday as well as a lot demolition of chicanes. I never put a wheel wrong on any run.
I'll know better about your lines when I look at the photo set during the week. But you were using a lot more tar than most, I remember that.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Seems like the way to being faster at kirkistown was to ignore the plastic chicanes and not worry about hitting them.

Kirkistown was a bit hard on brakes, these pads have done 5 events and looked ok before Kirky!!!!

DSC_3232.JPG

Put the bigger bore loud Arrow back on too as in my opinion it didn't feel like it had good pull in 6th at high revs. GRmoto off, the link pipe is 50mm OD, the GR is a 38mm ID and the Arrow is a big 51mm ID. It could be me........🤔😃

Screenshot_20240404-215803~2.png

DSC_3233.JPG

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Out at St.Angelo airport tomorrow, hope to make progress 🤞

Brake cooling ducts fitted front and back and gear indicator moved to the dash as it was difficult to glance at on the right, I had to extend the look for that, never simple!

Also bought a GoPro remote for the dash as I was never sure what my GoPro 10 was doing, the front screen is great but my eyesight isn't and it was too close to focus on.

Screenshot_20240411-223257 (1) (1).png

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Dunno if they'll do much but thought why not

DSC_3245.JPG

That will help, ducted straight onto the caliper

DSC_3246.JPG

Everything in the best place now