911 GTS

it_carwasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche
Tbh it is pretty reasonable... if he put £10k down the car would be approx £1k a month - to most affordable!

Most would put £20k plus into a deal which would bring it down to £750 a month and you would trade 3/4 years later and get your money back.

Last high performance golf I looked at would cost £550/£600 a month.

I wonder what I would choose?
Nail on head, esp if car allowance is factored in. Even a bit more in up front, it’s almost not that bad. Some of the so called ‘deals’ Audi by comparison are doing are crazy money - salesmen coining it in on finance deal commission. My view is a 911 is a keeper, certainly 10 years plus.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
I think if you can do it, you defo should get into something even more exotic.

I wanted to make the leap into a 991.2 GT3, but with us having the little one (she’s only 14 weeks) and the wife going down in MAT pay, it will have to wait. Plus with the Turbo Myla cab ride along in the rear (she has no idea how privileged she is riding around in a 911 turbo LOL)

Given your circumstances it would be the perfect next step. (GT3)

I think you might be right....absolutely love the look of the GT3 and i’ve heard they sound amazing although never heard one in real life. Would love to drive one to see what they’re like although I would need 18 way seats and not the buckets as even though i’m only mid 30s I really need lumbar support 🤦‍♂️. Be interesting to see what they’re like driving around in traffic, would it feel slower than the GTS with the lack of torque and turbos?

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
I think you might be right....absolutely love the look of the GT3 and i’ve heard they sound amazing although never heard one in real life. Would love to drive one to see what they’re like although I would need 18 way seats and not the buckets as even though i’m only mid 30s I really need lumbar support 🤦‍♂️. Be interesting to see what they’re like driving around in traffic, would it feel slower than the GTS with the lack of torque and turbos?

Probably feel slower but they are close to 500bhp and rev to 9k.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Spotted this on Comber bypass tonight, doing a dodgy undertake in front of me :p

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Spotted this on Comber bypass tonight, doing a dodgy undertake in front of me :p

🤭

Does anyone want to buy this? 😂 I’ve driven the GT3 and only thing stopping me from signing right now is the negative equity in my own car.

8F375112-F2FA-44B5-833D-27BEBB524131.jpeg
926B4C8E-0A2C-4426-A065-F76E270544C0.jpeg
88ED51DF-D7EE-4578-BCCD-254F408D67A2.jpeg
F4F862D2-B606-46EE-BB6A-1F6D61EAD771.jpeg
071A0F4C-02B2-491D-BD51-0325531DF79A.jpeg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
I can’t believe how much I loved the GT3, I really didn’t expect to like it as much. That engine 😍 the noise in the cabin 😍 and i actually thought it felt just as, if not slightly more compliant the the GTS over bumps and bad surfaces! Absolute dream car.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
With a 1k deposit on a 100k car and a huge balloon it's not really negative equity though... It's just the deposit you didn't pay in the first place...

That's the man maths done, now do the deal :cool:

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
With a 1k deposit on a 100k car and a huge balloon it's not really negative equity though... It's just the deposit you didn't pay in the first place...

That's the man maths done, now do the deal :cool:

that’s a fair point, either put it in upfront and don’t pay to get out early or pay to get out early.

You wanting that exact one or spec’ ing 1 up yourself?

this exact one, can’t buy them new anymore and this is pretty much perfect spec for me as most are specced a bit too hardcore with buckets and PCCB and all.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Just get a better offer for your own car. Certainly won’t be Porsche Belfast offering you a decent price but other dealers should be very keen on your car.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
I’d try Pistonheads as there are people willing to travel for the right car at the right money (which will always be more than you get here)

said it before, advertising a car like that here privately is a no go as too many dreamers.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Cheers for the recommendations. Only need about 5k more than Porsche are giving me to do a deal so not a massive difference.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Gotta draw a line somewhere though. The accountant in me makes me somewhat sensible and another £5k would make it a reasonable amount of negative equity. And seen cars with worse spec than mine going for £85-87k.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Dean Bartle that used to work for Redline always seems to be looking for decent stock and seems to like Porsches. Might be worth a try?