911 GTS

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Make it happen. Opportunities like that in life have to be taken. Someday you won’t have the chance!

davyk31

RMS Regular
I would stick a deposit on the GT3 and then spend a few days maximising the return from the current car as it won’t be hard to get a better price I would think. For me even we buy any car was miles higher.

it_carwasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche
I tell you what, if this was for sale when we ordered the 992, I would have to rethinkOne off and a great spec, PDK a must for me.

only issue I have is lack of back seats - for the children of course and Agate would clash against our volcano Macan.

hard choice, but it is beaut

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
5k to blow away your current car just to get into another mammoth deal would be concerning, however tempting the GT3 is!

If you can make it work then do it, the GT3 is a special car. Although I am in the GT cars need to be manual camp :laughing:.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
5k to blow away your current car just to get into another mammoth deal would be concerning, however tempting the GT3 is!

If you can make it work then do it, the GT3 is a special car. Although I am in the GT cars need to be manual camp :laughing:.

Thats it, currently its £10k to get out of current deal and enter into an even bigger one which seems just a bit too much, £5k I could stomach (just about). I actually couldn't even drive a manual these days - I've always braked with my left foot and the last time I drove a manual I just kept hitting the clutch when I tried to brake :joy:

@acsmyth its agate grey - one of my least fav colours, ideally id want black (despite saying I'd never have another black car) or GT silver the same as my GTS.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
If i work out the cost to change over the next three years i’m meant to keep the GTS it works out at £25k more for the GT3 and as much as I love it i’m not sure it’s worth that premium 🤔 Although called my insurance company and if i change to the GT3 they’ll refund me £70 😂

pablo

RMS Moderator
GT3 would hold more value though no? so youd maybe end up better off in 3yrs than keeping the GTS

(doing my best man maths there)

davyk31

RMS Regular
Of course that is £70x3 years saving so its £210 lol.

Hard to accurately work out the extra cost of the GT3 because if it holds value better as you would expect then you could end up with more equity over the final payment.

And getting a better finance rate can also help make the deal work better.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
To be straight, from a lot of your posts you don’t really seem to have gelled with the gts, you took a test drive in the gt3 which you loved, it’s 10k change and 25k for extra over the next three years for a gt car (rem there was only a 1k deposit on the car)

One of you posts pointed out that your current payment if 1300 odd pounds was less than 15% of your current wage and you have no kids! I don’t know what other outgoing you have but that is a crap load of money left over even taking a substantial mortgage payment.

I, personally would be all over that gt3 or any other that took my fancy in my perfect spec!

Don’t mean this to come across as judgmental in any way but just putting some perspective relative to your earning potential that’s been revealed on here

Last edited:

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
5k is still 5k to be fair like, id hold out for the deal you want, there will always be another one like.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
5k is still 5k to be fair like, id hold out for the deal you want, there will always be another one like.
Agreed no matter how much you earn 5k is still 5k
Will always be another car and probably in the colour you want?
Might have to wait a bit longer but sure

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Thats it, currently its £10k to get out of current deal and enter into an even bigger one which seems just a bit too much, £5k I could stomach (just about). I actually couldn't even drive a manual these days - I've always braked with my left foot and the last time I drove a manual I just kept hitting the clutch when I tried to brake :joy:

@acsmyth its agate grey - one of my least fav colours, ideally id want black (despite saying I'd never have another black car) or GT silver the same as my GTS.

I think you answered it here. An extra 10k for the pleasure of changing and in a colour you don't like!

Bide you time for the right car to come up mate.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
If i work out the cost to change over the next three years i’m meant to keep the GTS it works out at £25k more for the GT3 and as much as I love it i’m not sure it’s worth that premium 🤔 Although called my insurance company and if i change to the GT3 they’ll refund me £70 😂

The GTS could easily drop £25k in value in that time, and the GT3 is unlikely to do so, therefore the two will even out the cost to change. 😎

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
If you want to go to England, which I think you will for better choice, this looks pristine!

Perfect colour for you and pccb is a bonus

Last edited:

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
The black is unbelievable! 😍 But i do like the one in Belfast tbf, color maybe suits it better than black being such a nice shape, and there is an appeal to buying at home if the deal allows it. Whats the thoughts on pccb? carbon brakes in general seem to get mixed reviews for non-track use and surely cost the price of a small car to replace.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
GT3 should be a dream car, not sure why you'd even consider one in a colour you dont want !! in fact you've said one of your least fav colours !!! that seems bizzare to me to be fair. IF it was the car you want i don't see 5K being a blocker... driving in/out of porsche belfast.. no hassle, much better chance of them looking after you in anything happens vs buying something from england... etc. etc.

everyone is different clearly !! but to have negative equity in one car and potentially more negative equity in the next car is insane to me - i don't get how anyone can get their head around that let alone an accountant !! you must be able to separate your work head from your man toy head very well - not sure whether to applaud that or not !!

davyk31

RMS Regular
Not sure the black does it for me, hides all the detail too much. Not sure Agate would be my first choice either so unless totally certain I would shop elsewhere and see what is about.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Could always get the one in Belfast wrapped 😂

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I like the grey but I did spend 1 1/2 years looking for a grey M4 in the spec I wanted so might be slightly biased!