'93 Golf GTi 2.Slow

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
The updates are getting a bit samey but I need the motivation as I'm getting very little time at this at the minute.

Got the door sanded down to 2000 grit and buffed up. It's not perfect but I'm not expecting it to be as its painted in a single garage and its a lot better than the original paint. I'd say even someone decent with a buff could get a better finish on it

20150308_175212_zpsuesgpikn.jpg

Got the bootlid in and decided now was the time to bin the rear wiper. I was going to put a grommit in it before but when painting it I cut the mount out and patched and filled it smooth. primed and sanded then the inside was painted and flipped it over to give it most of a coat on the outside. The sanded it back ready for the proper coats.

20150308_200747_zpsku2azhnt.jpg

20150308_200800_zpsftd3bhci.jpg

Connor

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
yea will look very fresh, sorry to hear about the rat. Bit of a mad story to tell people I'm sure. Is this car aiming for Dubshed then?

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
yea will look very fresh, sorry to hear about the rat. Bit of a mad story to tell people I'm sure. Is this car aiming for Dubshed then?
Aye I was gutted but good opportunity to do this. Some smell off the ****er. Burned everything bar the dash and it got stripped of everything and disinfected.
Dubshed was the original plan but I've so much overtime at the minute there's no chance. I'll keep at it and when it's done I'll daily it and stick it in at Castlewellan and bring it to a few meets. I'm just looking forward to having a tidy run about

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Was hoping I could see this at dubshed, but keep us posted when your first showing it/meet.

I need a good bit boot up the hole to get mine started properly, but I'm going big or go home, and too late to turn back haha. Not much of mine won't be painted, meanly bits inside won't be touched haha

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Was hoping I could see this at dubshed, but keep us posted when your first showing it/meet.

I'd say the first show will be Castlewellan hopefully have some nice weather.

Posted this on instagram but not on here. Got the boot done and ordered a brand new textured boot plinth from VW for it so should have that this week.

20150315_230003_zpsrv18xv21.jpg

20150315_230040_zps0tgjt9vw.jpg

20150315_230053_zps75db1vdm.jpg

We'd awful bother with the bonnet reacting on us. Was heart breaking. It wasn't anything in the paint or gun causing it as the boot was painted without any bother so we ended up getting this stuff to seal it and start again and worked perfectly.

20150321_145722_zpsxjafuroq.jpg

This week the same thing happened with the drivers door so it was sanded back and it's getting the barcoat sprayed on and should sort it. Annoying as **** but not much can be done.

Once this door is done it's onto the shell.

I've my wheels sorted too. Just need to pay for them and I'll build them and paint them for how I want.

Also I have some yellow heated leather colour concept seats to fit but im debating if I should dye the whole seats a tan colour or to dye the yellow centres body colour. Head's wrecked. All suggestions welcome.

Connor

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
Bootlid looks a good job Connor!

Paint reactions are a complete bitch, so frustrating

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Cheers John. I've got better with the buff but it'll be going for a proper buffing to remove buffer trails etc by someone who knows what they're at. After paint it's flatted with 1500 then 2000 then buffed with g4 on a green pad and 3m finesse it on a softer pad. Seems to do the job rightly.

Yeah it's very frustrating but it'll work out eventually lol

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
I'd be happy with that finish man, you can give mine a lick of paint when you've finished the mk3!

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
I'll be getting a good gander round this at the weekend!

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Reactions: dub