98 Glanza v

bentspoon

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster & Celica
Here some terrible taken at midnight smartphone pics

IMG_20180620_235232.jpg
IMG_20180620_235414.jpg

it looks worn in the first pic but it doesnt look like that, looks better in the second.

Cant believe someone once offered me £250 and I said no.:joy:

Last edited:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
£250 :dizzy:
and I thought £40 for my cruise one was plenty

£40 quid is fairly cheap and just above Halfords spec ones. Even the price of some momo ones or those Likewise ones.. £60-£120. Knobs are expensive:joy:

bentspoon

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster & Celica
It wasn't the money then, deep down I always thought I would get another someday as a project, but don't have the space and time unfortunately but that offer was 12 years ago hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Id definitely let it go for £120 now, I suppose its 25 years old nearly off a 1995 ep82. I keep meaning to stick it on ebay.

adzy

RMS Regular
OP
adzy
Drives
Glanza V
£40 quid is fairly cheap and just above Halfords spec ones. Even the price of some momo ones or those Likewise ones.. £60-£120. Knobs are expensive:joy:

I know, I can't complain, was brand new too, I've seen second hand Ones go for more.

Had a genuine trd one before too

adzy

RMS Regular
OP
adzy
Drives
Glanza V
Been starting to get an interior fitted again. I stupidly gave all mine away when I stripped it thinking I'd never need it..

Rear plastics and back seat back in

IMG_9045.JPG

IMG_9046.JPG

IMG_9059.JPG

Just about got the rear seats in with the cage

Then the original door cards wouldn't fit due to the cage as well so I stripped them right down and re made them

Before

IMG_9122.JPG

After

IMG_9127.JPG

IMG_9121.JPG

Next task is to make some sort of roof lining which I'm not really looking forward to

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
What is going on with those rear seats lol

I had those in my Sportif and swapped those for Glanza ones, still think I have them in the shed. Not a fan lol .. door cards are good though!

Why seats if you're going track spec though?

adzy

RMS Regular
OP
adzy
Drives
Glanza V
Yes granny spec seats sadly :joy:

Interior is going back in as I'm wanting to do sprints and hillclimbs and need interior in car to meet requirements for road going class.

If I come across a glanza rear bench tho don't worry it'll be getting swapped. Got this one for free so can't complain. It'll pain me to buy any interior parts after I gave mine away for nothing

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Really miss my glanza. The one car that I have always missed! So much fun.

Attachments

• 319CD9D8-7127-4BB4-BCDD-F184586CF422.jpeg
    319CD9D8-7127-4BB4-BCDD-F184586CF422.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 229

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Think a fella from carryduff direction owns that now, similar reg not 100% sure it's the same one
There were two imported at the same time with the regs almost identical. I’ve no idea where it is but it was immaculate. Snow edition, really nice. Hard to find a decent one now

adzy

RMS Regular
OP
adzy
Drives
Glanza V
Not a lot going on with this atm, car is back of the road again and will most likely be until next year, and even that is insurance dependant lol

Have it up in the shed and have stripped the front end out, the civic rad just wasn't doing a good enough job on track and was the major weakness, so the plan is to get a custom rad made up to fit between the lower crossmember and the slam panel and be full width. Standard size rad isn't an option due to manifold/turbo clearances.

Current form

IMG_9316.JPG

Cardboard aided design to see what sort of size I can fit in there

IMG_9206.JPG

The factory bonnet latch will no longer be an option either due to the position of the new rad so I will be fitting aerocatch's, however I'd like to get a carbon bonnet so holding out on drilling into my current bonnets lol

IMG_9210.JPG

Interior wise, have made a start on the roof lining, just need to get the fabric stuck over it some stage

IMG_9315.JPG

Also picked up a parcel shelf from a mate, was a bit rough and had bird crap all over it so gave it a clean and a lick of Matt black to tidy it up

Before

IMG_9320.JPG

After

IMG_9322.JPG

And finally, sold the dc2 recaros last week, and picked these up last night, very happy with them as they're exactly what I wanted, fit perfect and basically brand new condition

IMG_9319.JPG

So have a few things to play about with and sort in the next weeks/months as I get around to it.

Attachments

• IMG_9322.JPG
    IMG_9322.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 167

adzy

RMS Regular
OP
adzy
Drives
Glanza V
Taped all the wiring along the front back up after I'd removed any unused plugs and associated wiring, re fitted the fuse box and screen wash bottle.

Had a play about to get a rough idea of seat position, will need to weld in some rails to mount these

IMG_9331.JPG

Then got the material stuck up for the roof lining, still need to tidy up around the edges and it's not perfect but overall happy enough with it

IMG_9333.JPG

adzy

RMS Regular
OP
adzy
Drives
Glanza V
Fitted the lsd box last week

IMG_9521.JPG

Also picked up a carbon bonnet recently

IMG_9448.JPG

And set it in to see what it would look like, had originally planned to paint it just as I don't like black bonnets/roof/wheels etc. But it caught me by surprise and I really like it so it's going to be saved

IMG_9466.JPG

It isn't in best condition there is some cracks on the surface that I'm hoping I can sand out and then re resin and then clear coat over, underneath had damage too, this had been badly repaired by a previous owner so I stripped all the old fibreglass of (as it was barely on to begin with) and then re did it

IMG_9523.JPG

IMG_9538.JPG

That's as far as I've got with it so far, car is not a show car by any means so I'm not too worried if it's not perfect, but I'm hoping to take the bad look of it anyway.

Also fitted some new silicon coolant hoses

IMG_9520.JPG

Still need to decide what I'm doing for a radiator, and also going to order new springs for the coilovers to much firmer ones.

Attachments

• IMG_9519.JPG
    IMG_9519.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 184

adzy

RMS Regular
OP
adzy
Drives
Glanza V
Fitted the aero catches to the carbon bonnet, was a bit of a pain as the previous owner of the bonnet had awfully fitted bonnet pins, so I was tied to where I could locate them. Also would be easier to fit them from scratch rather than try work around existing holes.

They will have to come of again for the bonnet to be flatted down and then lacquered. I've already rubbed it back and applied 3 layers of resin, it's far from perfect but much better than it was when I got it.

IMG_9582.JPG

IMG_9584.JPG

IMG_9588.JPG

adzy

RMS Regular
OP
adzy
Drives
Glanza V
Got the last piece of the seat puzzle today, a set of ep performance low rails

IMG_9618.JPG

IMG_9617.JPG

Had to make a few modifications to get them to fit, but I'm getting used to having to do that with most things I fit now lol

IMG_9619.JPG

Seating position is perfect now, and I won't be falling out of them anytime soon

IMG_9621.JPG

Harness bar also is perfect

adzy

RMS Regular
OP
adzy
Drives
Glanza V
After some time trying to decide what was the best way to go about a bigger radiator, I figured the easiest option was to get an upgraded alloy radiator and see if there was a chance it would fit, this would mean I wouldn't need to re work the bonnet pins or how the oil cooler and others bits mounted.

IMG_9703.JPG

As per usual there was no chance of it fitting with my manifold, so I sold the manifold and have another one lined up which is designed to fit behind the standard radiator.

In the mean time I've made new mounts for the rad and the oil cooler.

IMG_9768.JPG

IMG_9769.JPG

I mounted the radiator lower so I'm able to have it sitting partly under the rad support panel which should hopefully give me a few more mm of clearance between the manifold

Time will tell

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
Love this and the upgrades you’ve made! What are these like as a track/sprint toy? Thinking of getting something next year and one of these are a real contender