a-kem automotive

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I mustn't be doing it right as when it's about half done, the bottle stays kinda half-squeezed in, so it becomes a handling to get the liquid up the shoot/spout(?)

The next few goes I do a mix of squeezing and trying to rotate the bottle, then the drill just comes out lol
Made this, just for you :cool: Squeeze to measure, then let go and it should spring back. If it doesn't then just squeeze the opposite sides to spring it back.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Turn it on its side so there’s no product in the wee tube bit then try squeezing to pop it back out again.

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
@Big Pimp having an issue getting the foam cannon to fit the Parkside gun. The labor fitting is correct, but the nut in front of the fitting is too large to fit through the hole in the gun.

Anyone else found this or have a solution? Been sanding a small bit off the plastic in the gun but not quite there yet, and don't wanna take too much off

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp having an issue getting the foam cannon to fit the Parkside gun. The labor fitting is correct, but the nut in front of the fitting is too large to fit through the hole in the gun.

Anyone else found this or have a solution? Been sanding a small bit off the plastic in the gun but not quite there yet, and don't wanna take too much off
send me a picture of it mate, will you and I'll see what we can do for you.

if you can set it alongside the Parkside gun too please to compare

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp sent you a PM earlier. Don’t worry if you didn't see it, I’ll drop you a text tomorrow.
Sorry dude. Only picking it up now. I had auto response on my messages!

yep. I was out at work this evening (just back in!) and there’s a second box sitting for you.

I’m trying to get down into town tomorrow to meet @Rocko so I’ll take your 2nd box with me

sorry mate!

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Sorry dude. Only picking it up now. I had auto response on my messages!

yep. I was out at work this evening (just back in!) and there’s a second box sitting for you.

I’m trying to get down into town tomorrow to meet @Rocko so I’ll take your 2nd box with me

sorry mate!

No rush dude... the sooner I get the stuff, the sooner I have to start into cleaning my fleet of scrap!:joy:

Legend you are! :cool:

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
send me a picture of it mate, will you and I'll see what we can do for you.

if you can set it alongside the Parkside gun too please to compare
Hi mate. I've attached some pics below. They might not help at all lol

so the round plastic on the inside of the gun, with the 2 slots for the lavor fitting, is not wide enough for the nut to go through.

In the third pic you can see the lavor fitting going in around 50% but then it's stopped by the nut. I can't picture it but the overlap is fairly slight (and slighter now I've hit the inside with sandpaper) but still not fitting
20210827_082340.jpg
20210827_082343.jpg
20210827_082355.jpg
20210827_082403.jpg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hi mate. I've attached some pics below. They might not help at all lol

so the round plastic on the inside of the gun, with the 2 slots for the lavor fitting, is not wide enough for the nut to go through.

In the third pic you can see the lavor fitting going in around 50% but then it's stopped by the nut. I can't picture it but the overlap is fairly slight (and slighter now I've hit the inside with sandpaper) but still not fitting
View attachment 333563View attachment 333562View attachment 333561View attachment 333560
ah, oh.

so is it the 1/4" fitting nut stopping it from getting deeper and clicking to lock?

if so I can send you a double ended threaded bar which will lengthen the locator meaning it should fit perfectly

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
ah, oh.

so is it the 1/4" fitting nut stopping it from getting deeper and clicking to lock?

if so I can send you a double ended threaded bar which will lengthen the locator meaning it should fit perfectly
Exactly that. Yes mate if you could and let me know what it is sure and I can send it to you. I won't sand any more so 😅

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
So cleaning the cars and building boxes amongst the many of things I should be doing right now, I went off on a tangent (can you tell I am a prolific procrastinator) and tried Lazer to clean my tablesaw and mitresaw blades which were both completely blunted by using manufactured boards.

Well I couldn't have been more impressed if I tried, they are like brand new! What a great cleaning product that's effectively paid for the all the products I just bought by saving my blades!

20210828_152710.jpg
20210828_152717.jpg
20210828_155753.jpg
20210828_155812.jpg
20210828_155817.jpg

Soz about the non car chat!

davyk31

RMS Regular
Got my order today Ross thanks

Just a question on the Ultraslick, does the bottle not come with some form of dispenser for the top as otherwise it’s going to be hard to just get a small enough quantity each time.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I transfer from the bigger bottles to a spray bottle and dispense from there.

The smaller bottles come with a spare "dropper" cap which is perfect for dispensing. It's separate, usually stuck on top of a normal cap. Maybe yours is just missing? Or check the box in case it's fallen off?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Got my order today Ross thanks

Just a question on the Ultraslick, does the bottle not come with some form of dispenser for the top as otherwise it’s going to be hard to just get a small enough quantity each time.

Was expecting the dropper type cap but nothing there. Just a standard screw top on the bottle.

Not even a pack of Haribos either, kids were disappointed 😆
Hi Davy,

im out of the wee flip top lids but when they come back in stock I’ll send you one out
Is clear view sold out.
Completely, but we are expecting it next week hopefully

RevT

RMS Regular
I pour my ultraslick into a cut open plastic bottle and brush it on from it, I’ve found it the best way to apply.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
@Big Pimp you slacking on your Haribo resupply requests again? 🙊🤣 If you can wait 2 weeks they'll hopefully arrive in the most awesome delivery car in the country 😏