Afterthoughts on the Belfast Motor Show 2014 at Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
They'll be hiding for quite a while I would say.

I queried them a few weeks ago about a late stand, but got no response. Thank funk they didn't say yes, or I'd have been a tad annoyed...

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I didn't realise how long it took to plan this show... the first post on RMS about it is Jan 10th 2014. I didn't go to the show myself after hearing how terrible it was but by the looks of what was there it could have been organised in a few hours before it happened.

Thats the problem 6-7 months isn't enough time to plan a show of the size this one was expected to be. Planning for Causeway Coast Ford Fair 2015 started about a week after this years. Thats for a show that has been well established and has had all the ground work, contacts etc in place for the past 10 years

Storm

Banned
Thats the problem 6-7 months isn't enough time to plan a show of the size this one was expected to be. Planning for Causeway Coast Ford Fair 2015 started about a week after this years. Thats for a show that has been well established and has had all the ground work, contacts etc in place for the past 10 years

Same goes for my brother and the Bangor Elim show, he starts organising the following years show pretty much as soon as the punters leave.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Any way to record Nolan? I'll not get to listen to it till tomorrow night.

bigboybora

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Cabrio 1.8T S
The website and Facebook page have been deleted. How are people meant to complain or get money back? Total scam!!

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
I'm convinced it was a scam. Details were so sparce coming up to it. No response to FB posts. Nothing at all.

They've literally taken the money and run.

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
It wouldn't be the end of the world if dealers didn't show up but the part which annoys me most is, clubs like RMS and various other big names offered to put a stand on.

But no, they instead set up a dark room full of many non related 'Motor show' stands and use an outdoor gravel area full of nails and other tyre killers and put about 20 cars in any are where Dubshed had 3 or 4 times the amount.

Thank fook I didnt have to pay for tickets.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
In case you haven't seen it - She quite clearly lives in coocoo land :p

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/l...rked-for-12-years-event-revs-up-30455299.html

Kerrie Mann told the Belfast Telegraph while there used to be an Ulster Motor Show, she believed it was last held in 2002. She could only speculate on why there was a gap of 12 years, she believed it was because car manufacturers had cut back on shows during the recession.

Top tip, before resurrecting something find out what killed it first

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
Do you think though she would actually have made any money after paying for the Kings Hall, Insurance, Advertising, Tickets etc?? It could maybe just Bankrupt her if its gone really wrong. I know a friend of mine organised the Paddy Rally and it was a great successful day but still cost him big £££ in the end to do it.
Not a nice situation for anyone involved but simply disappearing isnt the answer. If she had publicly replied and admitted she got it wrong most people would probably have left it at that. Id say a fair few wont drop this and chase her up....

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
@swantsy we usually do a 50/50 on clean paintwork but the point of the car was to also demonstrate the ability of 50cals products on a car that hadn't been washed since December. The paintwork was fantastic until every **** and their dog insisted in rubbing their hands all over the car covering it in light scratches again. Actually couldn't believe it when I saw a mum letting her child attempt to write in the dirt on the dirty side!!

Another reason for the half dirty as opposed to all clean is we were simply tackling a different market that 90% of people in attendance don't understand or appreciate the swirls etc so making a visual impact had to come from a different approach

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Do you think though she would actually have made any money after paying for the Kings Hall, Insurance, Advertising, Tickets etc?? It could maybe just Bankrupt her if its gone really wrong. I know a friend of mine organised the Paddy Rally and it was a great successful day but still cost him big £££ in the end to do it.
Not a nice situation for anyone involved but simply disappearing isnt the answer. If she had publicly replied and admitted she got it wrong most people would probably have left it at that. Id say a fair few wont drop this and chase her up....

Thats assuming it's all actually been paid for

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.