Afterthoughts on the Belfast Motor Show 2014 at Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Front page PMSL

10457511_10152489217363819_5904848224803409859_n.jpg
Nothing showing for me dude

Edit: it is now.

Dozens? The figure is that small? Hmmmm.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I wonder is this the regional paper that had a set two with the organizers today lol

I couldn't possibly say...

However if I were large newspaper who had fallen for her lies and done it's best to promote the event for weeks, I would be very, very annoyed...

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I couldn't possibly say...

However if I were large newspaper who had fallen for her lies and done it's best to promote the event for weeks, I would be very, very annoyed...
And doing some turncoat journalism as it has just been put to me lol

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
to answer taz's question, it cost us well over a grand and that's before you account for our time, staff and all the other associated expenses

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
to answer taz's question, it cost us well over a grand and that's before you account for our time, staff and all the other associated expenses

Hopefully you make it back with the exposure the show gave you.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Downtown Radio are asking for peoples opinion on the event now too.... things are snowballing!

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
had to laugh at the Belfast accent / pronunciation for the word Eunos.

Ian's a great fella all the same, loves that Mazda and has put some work into that car even if a minority like to talk it down.

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
I never went to the show, from the beginning it seemed abit iffy to me and looked crap from the pics imo

I am not saying it was a scam all along etc we were going to have a stand for MOBILEHOTTUBNI but decided against it glad I didn't in the end.

But..... a few family members do shows/fairs and the likes, when I mentioned it to them they said they had heard of the chick Kerri the organiser, and her shows were usually good.

I am assuming this show was a tad too big for her company

I feel sorry for her if there is a massive witch-hunt for her.

OK she failed in some peoples eyes probably biggest mistake was not taking the help offered at the planning stages,

But we are only human, her problem lies now with the fallout and damage control.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Only time will tell I guess as to what return comes of it.

To be fair I really thought that the dealers that were present should have made much more of an effort. Not a single member of staff present to let people at least look in the new cars. They missed their own opportunity there as that was the real draw of the show to alot of the people we chatted to.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your show... Granny singing not booking club stands like you should. You're lucky that hundred crowd of angry punters didn't blow their tops at the entrance! You almost had me?

Ask any events planner. Any real events planner. It don't matter if you fail by an inch or a mile. Failings failing.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
But we are only human, her problem lies now with the fallout and damage control.

I think for most the problem lies with the complete and utter lack of any damage control. Deleting websites, Facebook posts (well the negative ones, but they were 99.99% of them), not replying to messages etc does not say this is somebody trying to sort this out. In fact from what I've seen and read she seems to be trying to say that the show was fine and that many people had a good time.

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
Ian's a great fella all the same, loves that Mazda and has put some work into that car even if a minority like to talk it down.

In case I'm misunderstood or caused offence... there's nought wrong with the MX5 - I've been in Taz's one that has a tendency to go sideways. I just don't think it's the type of car that should be headlining The Belfast Motor Show. That's all.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.