Airbag help/steering wheel removal plz..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Marc

RMS Moderator
yea... you can buy them anywhere like a hardware store, b&Q even.... they are cheapie ones, like 3 quid will get u a set of cheap bits with some torx included... Jeff has a set :grinning:

VEN©M

RMS Regular
OP
VEN©M
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
not yet. its dark outside and from what i gather if you screw about with your airbag you die.

vza

u dnt die,its like gettin a rally hard punch.if ya get the right tools and disconnect the battery ya'll be sorted (tho the "professional" that did mine didnt bother)

Max

RMS Regular
Drives
Gaterpillars
kd says ur just need to be forceful. get the air bag out then undo the big nut & pull like fook. other than that he was no use :lol: Pm him & tell him to be more detailed :laughing:

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
vza said:
u dnt die,its like gettin a rally hard punch.if ya get the right tools and disconnect the battery ya'll be sorted (tho the "professional" that did mine didnt bother)

am yea you do die you fool, air bags are probably the most dangerous thing in a car if handled wrong, like if handled by you by the sounds of things!
yea they can travel 60 feet if set off, and can put a pallet on top of a 30 foot building, tried and tested when i worked in agnews!

vza

ok,my advice didnt have all the h+s stuff i admit,but if ya read my own plan involved goin 2 a pro,who was a lot less professional than i was about it

VEN©M

RMS Regular
OP
VEN©M
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
ok stage 1 complete. airbag off. managed to undo the nut holding the wheel on, had a quick blatter at the wheel but couldnt shift it so gave up for the night.

also theres two wires which im sure are for the horn, do i just attach these two the two wires that came with the horn button on the new wheel?

yaaay. i should be a mechanic. not. ever.

vza

i take it uve sorted the airbag wires?if so then they should be the horn wires,touch em 2 gether to test,lol
try some lube to rip the wheel off?

VEN©M

RMS Regular
OP
VEN©M
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
by lube u mean wd40 right. ill be out tmrw with a big frickin hammer.

Marc

RMS Moderator
just sit in the seat, and wobble the steering wheel back and forward... it will come off the splines easy enough.

D4LY

RMS Regular
Drives
HOME ON A BOAT
VEN©M said:
by lube u mean wd40 right. ill be out tmrw with a big frickin hammer.
just red this there now...do you want 2 call up an i aye do it 4 ya (the steering wheel that is lol )

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
If your pulling the wheel off its best to screw on the nut or bolt that holds it on with just a few threads, so you dont do yourself an injury to your face.

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
RMS_CLK said:
Is that why they sacked u bibby?

ha ha wrong again, i never got sacked, i left to work somewhere better, job came up in toyota, which was the company i done my teck course with/through, so i knew a good bit already, had a thing called a toyota passport, which allows you to travel the world, and if you have one you are kinda a first choice at a toyota dealership, secret handshake sort of thing
it is true to say agnews was a morgue to work in, no radio allowed in the workshop etc etc, in toyota you can do what you want when you want,
plus i went on 2 training courses with saab in 3 years, fair enough they were both big ones, week long courses, which got me my saab qualifacation, but been with toyota a year and 2 months now, and have been on a course every 4 months, so far better that way also

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.