Airbag help/steering wheel removal plz..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
OP
VEN©M
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
D4LY said:
VEN©M said:
by lube u mean wd40 right. ill be out tmrw with a big frickin hammer.
just red this there now...do you want 2 call up an i aye do it 4 ya (the steering wheel that is lol )

yes please do, im home all day! yayyyy! :laughing:

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
also, the horn on your car, should have one wire coming through as they normally earth of the steering column, if it has 2 wires, it possibly has a horn on the old wheel, where it could be pressed left hand side and right hand side, in which case you will have 2 posatives
best way to test is get a bulb holder with a bulb in it (test lamp) earth it out, and test the wires to find posative, and then attach it to posative and check neither of the wires are negative, if earthed and touched to posative, bulb will light, same the other way about for finding the earth

VEN©M

RMS Regular
OP
VEN©M
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
you are spot on nova bibster u old muppet!

my old wheel does indeed have two horn buttons, however what happens if i attach both +ve wires to the +ve on the new wheel - yay or nay!!

vza

ur horn will work
my old wheel had 2 buttons with 2 wires,one positive,1 negative,connected these up as needed on the new wheel
what wheel are ya fittin btw?

VEN©M

RMS Regular
OP
VEN©M
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
DAY 5:

YAY! the wheel is off but now we come to another major obstacle...the SRS CLOCKSPRING...

dunno how to remove it either...

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
it should yet again clip off or screw off, best way to see is to remove the plastic cowling from behind it, you know the bit joy riders smash off to get at your ignition switch

VEN©M

RMS Regular
OP
VEN©M
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
during installation i had to remove the clockspring which rotates the airbag and horn wires as you turn the steering wheel. now that its been removed i'm not sure how i can wire up the horn (i understand the electronics) in such a way that it wont get wound around the hub as i turn the wheel...

any information from anyone would be appreciated. i'm just not sure how to wire up the horn without the wire tangling as the wheel turns... thank you.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.