AlpineF30’s Bargain Basement E60 530d

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Sometime I would like to relocate the port to somewhere up front, like under the arm rest in our A4. My kids keep kicking the cable and breaking the plug when getting out of the car. Baffles me why BMW put it in the back.

Just don’t understand why it wasn’t put in the arm rest like the E90

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
So the E60 let me down today.

Wheel seems to have buckled and blew the tyre off needing a wheel and tyre replacement thankfully no damage to the car.

I have decided to sell it on

Should I replace the wheel and tyre which will cost the guts of 300 or sell with a space saver and knock the cost of a new wheel off the price?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
People don't want hassle buying a car needing work unless that hassle is significantly reflected in the price.

You would need to compensate for a fair bit more than the price of a wheel to make it worth someone's while imo, so I would just get a wheel myself if I were you.

Cro

RMS Regular
So the E60 let me down today.

Wheel seems to have buckled and blew the tyre off needing a wheel and tyre replacement thankfully no damage to the car.

I have decided to sell it on

Should I replace the wheel and tyre which will cost the guts of 300 or sell with a space saver and knock the cost of a new wheel off the price?

If a seller can’t be assed fixing a problem I generally get the impression the car hasn’t been looked after no matter what you say you’ve knocked off as a consequence

fixed for sure! 300 wheel means 1000 off offers

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Cheers :grinning:

Well I paid 1200 for it so was going to stick it up for 900 but yeah probably not get much attention on it with a bad wheel so will source a replacement wheel and sell :grinning:

RevT

RMS Regular
Cheers :grinning:

Well I paid 1200 for it so was going to stick it up for 900 but yeah probably not get much attention on it with a bad wheel so will source a replacement wheel and sell :grinning:

What’s it like now? PM me full details please. 👍🏼

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Front or rear wheel? There’s a rear with a nearly new tyre on eBay atm.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
£900 for an E60 530D just seems mental. Can’t get my head round that!

Reactions: K55

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Did it need that much? Was a very cheap e60, even with a bit of work needing done it would still be cheaper than most out there

Aye needed a few jobs doing needed new hubs, gearbox ideally needed refurbing, was smoking like a *******, new set of alloys,it was a bit grubby in places and needed tyres all round

Was grand for a runabout but realised I want a decent spec and condition E60 so the jobs fairly racked up to get it to the condition I wanted it in compared to buying a decent lower mileage LCI car.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Aye needed a few jobs doing needed new hubs, gearbox ideally needed refurbing, was smoking like a *******, new set of alloys,it was a bit grubby in places and needed tyres all round

Was grand for a runabout but realised I want a decent spec and condition E60 so the jobs fairly racked up to get it to the condition I wanted it in compared to buying a decent lower mileage LCI car.
Ah crap didn no it needed that much work
I was lucky I got a manual
I just fitted a new clutch an flywheel to mine last week
No clue on prices for auto boxes or prices of refurbing them

best of luck in your search for another

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
So this thing has changed keepers about 6 different times since I owned it.

Sold it to my mate @.CMC. and then we discovered it was a Cat D stolen recovered. My fault for not doing a check on it but the car was sold cheap enough so we laughed it off.

48F6884E-49D5-4A09-B224-759775E0EA1C.jpeg

He then sold the car on and stated was a Cat D in his advert.

Car has popped up on Facebook since numerous times stating its a mint car and good history.

If you see it avoid it like the plague.