Audi RS6 Gearbox

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ge0rge

Banned
Is she a plus?
no, same colour as the one on this thread, lowered on bilstiens, miltek and a remap to 518bhp apparantly, gearbox seems 100 % and im told its safe enough to blast about in sport but im looking into having the map removed to protect the box, its had the 155mph limit removed too not that il ever need that, all i need really is standard rear lights and leave it like that, its sits lower than standard but not too low.

Ge0rge

Banned
FB_IMG_1485719172192.jpg

Ge0rge

Banned
they stopped making them apparantly in september 04 this is registered in january 05 which is strange.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Jeepers, sorry to hear that.

Am I right in thinking he owned 1 before, or someone you know did?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
@george bravo sir! Sorry to hear about your brother, life really is too short. If I recall my s6 receipts the rebuild for that was £2k across in England and the box had been grand for 5 years, just service the box which isn't too difficult it pricey and drive on, least the suspensions been done, just don't look at brake prices you'll cry lol.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Don't worry about the box, not like every single one breaks. If it goes it goes, if not then happy days. Just enjoy the car the way it was intended and don't worry about it (y)

Ge0rge

Banned
@george bravo sir! Sorry to hear about your brother, life really is too short. If I recall my s6 receipts the rebuild for that was £2k across in England and the box had been grand for 5 years, just service the box which isn't too difficult it pricey and drive on, least the suspensions been done, just don't look at brake prices you'll cry lol.

I did already I think the cheapest I seen was £880 thankfully they have just been done

Ge0rge

Banned
Jeepers, sorry to hear that.

Am I right in thinking he owned 1 before, or someone you know did?
There was one in the family yes when they first came out, I had the pleasure of it for 3 months whilst owner was disqualified and always said I would have one, ideally I wanted an avant but this will do, it was this or an R32 another car i said I'd have, that would probably be next

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
And just found this comment as well .... think I may find another dream wagon +o(

Yup I had one of these for just over 6 months. They are cheap to buy for a reason. Cost of maintenance and running is just mad. The cost of the car has depreciated but the cost of servicing them and replacing parts, has not. In the 6 months I had mine, I spent over £6.5k. Two weeks after I sold it, the guy called me to tell me the engine had given up - and he was estimated £5.5k to get it put right. Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere. When they are running, they are a phenomenal machine but they are so temperamental these times can be limited. I got a folder of receipts with the car and from the past 5 years the receipts totalled £34,000. You may be flexible on your buying price but can you really justify spending that on a 10 year old car with approx 100,000 miles over the next 4- 5 years? I couldn't

My car was an MTM car as well, with 560BHP and 830Nm torque. Coilover suspension, 19" MTM BiMoto alloys. Full recaro electric seats, sat nag etc etc. On paper, a fantastic car - a drivers dream. In reality, a complete nightmare

The A6 Avant and the RS6

0F1F14B2-96D9-4AE5-A66D-FE52ADC15751-2152-0000023B3EA1A28D_zps1a679ab3.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.