Audi S3 8V

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
OIG (1).jpeg

@Coog And @Burt2000 at the next trackday when @Boydie does an accidental emergency stop infront of them. 🤣🤣

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Bit of an update on the car as of late. Finally got the brakes painted and refurbished

Had a go myself at filling in the logo but I’m not happy with it. Look grand from distance but I think first hit of a power hose will remove the white. So I found a company that sells decals so will see if they fit and take it from there

IMG_8170.jpeg

Also ordered Racingline rear pads and discs to match the front. HEL rear lines and new 5.1 fluid to go in next Friday

FA1BC209-B2E9-41CF-B31B-9561E813C7ED.jpeg

Pretty sure I’ll need a small spacer for the front brakes as they clear ET45 but mine are ET49 so hoping a 3mm spacer will help - thanks to @DJMCA for the spacers

Tyres are near done and a constant leak passenger rear forced me to order a new set. Been using Michelin PS4S for my entire ownership and contemplated other brands but stuck with Michelin but this time the PS5.

Ordered Thursday morning from Blackcircle and arrived Friday afternoon. Excellent service.

EC14CCCB-392F-4AD0-8DDC-20A7852BCEDB.jpeg

Taking my wheels off now to have them fitted next week. Also decided on refurbing them again due to the tarnishing and pretty sure I’ve settled on BMW Orbit Grey. I had these GTD wheels done in this colour and look great in person I think

IMG_8175.jpeg

Then for something different. Holding a set of Team Dynamic Pro 1.2’s for a friend so it would have been rude not to try them on…

IMG_8229.jpeg
IMG_8233.jpeg
IMG_8231.jpeg

That’s it for now, can update again once wheels are done and brakes are on. Next to sort out the haldex and fuel pump niggles.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Did you clear lacquer over the white ? I think it'll be fine. I'd say there's as much chance of the decals coming off, especially if water/chemicals get in behind them.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Did you clear lacquer over the white ? I think it'll be fine. I'd say there's as much chance of the decals coming off, especially if water/chemicals get in behind them.

Not yet but can do that when I get them on and home. Just ran out of time.
Team dynamics look great on it IMO

To quote my wife “they look shiite!” 😂

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Think the team dynamics are purposeful, I've a set for the MX5 but not used them for a while as all the events I've done recently are rough and need narrow tyres on the standard rims.
Thinking of doing a sprint just for something different and could use them for that. ^o)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Decals look great job there! The TD’s actually make it look like a 1.6, though I appreciate weight>looks with them.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I think a bright silver would look fresh on your wheels. 10mm spacers all round be the job too imo :grinning: #offsetpolice

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
I think a bright silver would look fresh on your wheels. 10mm spacers all round be the job too imo :grinning: #offsetpolice

No not a fan of bright silver and due to the offset of my 19’s and lowerage, I can’t put on any spacer bigger than 5mm

8407dc54-9129-4be1-a538-308d9bd8fe38.jpeg
30f0d125-8cb4-4450-a17e-c3bf77dbf5fb.jpeg

Horrible. Look like Halfords wheels. Don't care how much less they weigh. Don't do it. Please

Don’t worry, not my wheels! My spare set are on now to let me send the originals away for paint and tyres

IMG_8272.jpeg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Anything but black, it kills the detail of the wheel. Pro race can look Nice on the right car and they do serve a purpose, they suited my elise well with the staggered fitment and in anthracite. Silver or a nice grey would be dead on in them imo. The oem wheels are hard to beat though.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Thanks to @Blackline for fitting my brakes and getting a few snaps. They feel great and so happy to not hear them squeal 😂

IMG_8593.jpeg

Rear discs and pads to match

IMG_8594.jpeg

Wheels on

IMG_8595.jpeg

IMG_8592.jpeg

HEL Performance sent me the wrong rear lines so with zero issues, they sent me the correct ones. I also ordered a new low pressure fuel pump filter so these are planned to be fitted on 09/05

90F77DC0-C9D5-456A-8D84-196C5692A605.jpeg

While my wheels were off, I got them refurbed again. Was nervous as I was stepping away from the polished face and opted for BMW Orbit Grey. Happy with the decision now! Still to get them on the car but the weekend got away from me and I want to get a coat of Gtechniq C5 on them. New Michelin PS5 tyres on too:

IMG_8492.jpeg

IMG_8493.jpeg

Next up is engine and DSG service and that will hopefully have the car feeling like new with all the recent work.

Trackskills in May is the aim and Mondello in June/July all being well.

Last edited:

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looks good, definitely ready for track now! Take it you put decent fluid in at the same time?

If you wait to do Mondello in July there should be the usual RMSers heading down. June was discussed but July looking a better option for most now, myself included

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Looks good, definitely ready for track now! Take it you put decent fluid in at the same time?

If you wait to do Mondello in July there should be the usual RMSers heading down. June was discussed but July looking a better option for most now, myself included

Yeah there is Pagid Dot 5.1 fluid in there now - more than happy to join a crowd, I had just put down June as I thought thats when everyone was going

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Any idea what date your talking in July .?

It's the trackdays.ie one on 19th July. Will be doing a half day session just as its open pit and that's plenty track time, not sure if morning or afternoon yet though

Will out a post up in events about it

zafturbo

RMS Regular
It's the trackdays.ie one on 19th July. Will be doing a half day session just as its open pit and that's plenty track time, not sure if morning or afternoon yet though

Will out a post up in events about it
Ah balls I’m away 13th to 20th 😂.@QuattroRick are you going down to this?