Audi S6 Avant 4.2 V8

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Finally got the rear drivetrain back together and now it's running with no bearing noise, so thought I'd tackle the aux belt, which meant the car had to be put in the service position. After an hour taking the front off and moving the front into the service position it then took all of 10 mins to put belt on. Easy enough to do. A few other wee jobs to do and then it'll just be getting driven....... To the petrol station, a lot!
image.jpg

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Can't wait to see this in the metal! Get those spacers on ASAP, love a stance wagon lol

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Really is in need of a good drop! which will make it more practical as lowered cars are easier to get wives and children in and out of and that's what you need to tell her anyway...:cool:
she doesn't even know I bought the spacers and I doubt she'll notice the wider stance, hence my mad dash to the DHL place this morning, as she's away and I didn't want them delivered next week lol.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
she doesn't even know I bought the spacers and I doubt she'll notice the wider stance, hence my mad dash to the DHL place this morning, as she's away and I didn't want them delivered next week lol.
Get the grinder out and get it lowered before she comes back then

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Some noise ! Love the grumble at idle....is this the audi stock system ?
No, just a stainless from the cats back. Think I'll leave the cats in. as the wife will be using it for work in the winter, so needs to be a bit subtle for her needs. Lol

Trying to source a RS6 steering wheel as it has the flappy paddles on the rear of the wheel and not the front like mine.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Well my rare Suede RS6 wheel is on its way, think I got a wee bargain with it, will give it a quick restore and fit it and change the coding of the gearbox with vagcom to let me use the flappy paddles when car is in drive.

Also won some genuine Audi roof bars so I can get my bale of hay on the roof. Finally got the Lower front grills resprayed as well.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Thought this pic was quite good, probably should have cleaned the bugs off first, but I'm pretty happy with the way it's sitting, may not lower it now as I still want it to be useable fully loaded.
image.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.