Audi TT (New Wheels page 12)

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Nothing major happening, was bored so put this sticker on, bit of a laugh as im a Cleaner and my cars always clean and cant walk past any rubbish or anything in work so people called me a cleanfreak, probably wont last much longer lol

_DSC2457.png

Then was bored one day so went out and put the MSW RS wheels from the Focus under the arch to see what they were like
_DSC2473.jpg

Defiantly wont be going for them or that style of wheel for it!.

Last week car was given a quick enhancement detail for Titanic Dubs at the weekend, cut down swirls etc, and a nice coat of wax etc. Few Progress

_DSC2493.jpg

_DSC2504.jpg

_DSC2527.jpg

_DSC2523.jpg

Beading!
_DSC2542.jpg

Interior fully Wet Vac'd and leather cleaned
_DSC2550.jpg

_DSC7098-1.jpg

_DSC7021-1.jpg

_DSC7110.jpg

_DSC7111-2.jpg

Was out looking at wheels this morning, and think ive picked some, not sure when ill be getting them yet, as they wont be fitted this side of winter. Hoping to order some Coilovers and arms soon to lower it, and a few other bits and pieces.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
Love this dude, i always wanted a red one when i was looking for one.... i agree the wheels sit well on it, tune them get loads of power out of these!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
No lol but I was corrected as Stage 2+ wasn't an option in the 1.8T - there are stages 1,2 and 3.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Lovely clean TT, wouldn't put other wheels on it to be honest, just lower and tune the life out of it :cool:

Irn Bru (y)

Cheers mate, ill be keeping these wheels also and referbing them when i get time, tyres on them are terrible! price of a refurb and 4 new tyres would by new alloys. though they will make there way back on the car from time to time after i do a refurb and what not, i do like the wheels on the car think they suit it, ive been searching gumtree and the forums for another set of these also so if i can find a set for not silly money id prob buy them instead, though wont be buying until after winter anyway (unless a bargain crops up)

After seeing the revo/performance 360 stand at Titanic, first thing i did when i got home was look up revo bits for the TT again lol. Though for now as its a daily to work and college at most it will be a remap, filter and exhaust, though when insurance drops next year and also looking into buying a run about also So who knows what may happen!!

As for the Irn Bru I Live on the stuff! Its like water! cut me open it wont be blood poring it out will be irn bru though i am scottish lol

Great work, James! Looks super clean. (y)

Thanks

Love this dude, i always wanted a red one when i was looking for one.... i agree the wheels sit well on it, tune them get loads of power out of these!

Yeah the red is really nice i was after a black or silver one originally but fell in love with the red when i saw it... knew it could have potential!

Boydie you need to talk to them ;) you need commission lol! heard the TT with some parts can get 360bhp ?

One for sale on edition started life as a 225bhp now sitting at 443bhp :eek:

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Thought you wernt worrying about how quick it goes, out of you and me, it was me who was always the one shouting "POWWAAAHHH!!" .. isnt that right james....may :p

On a serious note though, the motor is looking very well indeed. You know my thoughts on a black roof or part black though :grinning:

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
looking so good jamesy! Keep the wheels they really suit it, what engine is in it?

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
looking so good jamesy! Keep the wheels they really suit it, what engine is in it?

Cheers mate, i do like the wheels my self, just they are in terrible condition (joys of pervious owner being a woman) And i dont have anything to put on the car while i refurb them, plus 4 new tyres, though if i get a new set, ill slowly refurb the wheels that is on it, and new tyres etc as and when.

EDIT: Its a 1.8.. but the 225bhp model.

Thought you wernt worrying about how quick it goes, out of you and me, it was me who was always the one shouting "POWWAAAHHH!!" .. isnt that right james....may :p

On a serious note though, the motor is looking very well indeed. You know my thoughts on a black roof or part black though :grinning:

More of the sound it makes with more power is just awesome! granted power wouldnt be too bad either! And you know my thoughts on a black roof ;)

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
So an update finally! been quite a busy few months, with moving house, and the spoiler being stole off the vectra out side the new house....and cleaning cloths stole....and my parts storage broken into :sob: but thankfully other than the spoiler and cloths nothing else was stolen! But anyway time to get on with the good news!

The Bose system in the TT is pretty sweet i will admit...but was lacking the bass i crave! so decided to sort that out with the system from the focus. Subs and Mono amp from the Focus as many heard it was rather LOUD! this time round ill be upgrading the wiring, and have the system tuned to perfection :laughing: so should blow the Focus away on sound!. Still wanted to keep some usuable boot space, but still have a pretty impressive system, So decided to bin the rear seats as they were pretty useless.
_DSC2596.jpg

Frame built
_DSC2593.jpg

Custom boxes i had built for these subs for previous cars so decided to keep them as they sound awesome!
_DSC2591.jpg

_DSC2590.jpg

And the view from the rear with amps in place the amps will be mounted and sunken into a frame with only part of the amps showing. but the idea behind it.
_DSC2584.jpg

Will be fully enclosed no gaps etc, and all will be trimmed in either leather or carpet to match the OEM finish. Few more bits to gather up and the build work can get finished.

_DSC2580.jpg

And whos a dirty girl??

All being well coilovers will be ordered in the coming weeks, and hopefully some spacers for a bitta stance :p then in the new year ill have some new Alloys all going to plan, also be into the Bodyshop in January for some work :laughing: Phase 1 should be finished in time for UCS in march.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Yeah it was the irmscher roof spoiler arrived home from work it was there got up 5hours later gone!

Sharkey

RMS Regular
Liked where this was going, but I hate big square box sub enclosures. Look so 'Halfords'. Id put em in the boot floor outta the way lol.
Tho will defo look the part with lowerage :grinning:

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Cheers folks.

Liked where this was going, but I hate big square box sub enclosures. Look so 'Halfords'. Id put em in the boot floor outta the way lol.
Tho will defo look the part with lowerage :grinning:

The sub enclosures wont look so square when finished, i was originally going to put one sub in the spare wheel well and the amp mounted behind it, but after taking measurements, the box would basically be from the wheel well nearly up to the boot lid. Due to being the Quattro the boots arent as deep as the standard FWD versions. it should hopefully look alot better when finished should fill the contours and shape of the area, and be all trimmed to suit.

EDIT: Very quick chop of how it should hopefully turn out
finishedchop.jpg

Alan_M

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia SRI VX-
You may tell your father i cant get him another roof spoiler at that price lol

Would you not of been happy with just one sub/amp? Nice wee tidy curved box in the corner and amp under a false floor?

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
You may tell your father i cant get him another roof spoiler at that price lol

Would you not of been happy with just one sub/amp? Nice wee tidy curved box in the corner and amp under a false floor?

lol dont think well pick up another bargain like that! Vectra looks so boring now! Even trying to get a replacement aint been too easy! Had these subs from previous cars and in smaller boxes & ported boxes i did like the sound from them, and putting one of those boxes in the boot alone would have taken up most of the boot space which is small enough. back seats were no use at all anyway! complete dead space im not the tallest and theres no hope of me getting in the back never mind anyone i know. Plus gets use out of the complete system with out the need to loose any boot space. as when it comes to any photoshoots or events im doing the boot space is very handy! as it was a pain climbing into the back of the focus to lift stuff out, tt is really a no go for that lol. the camera bag alone almost takes up half the boot as it is! then the tripods, lights, backdrops, etc. etc

That actually looks alot better :grinning: Pics when done...

Yeah im hopping (ignoring the two subs built into it) it will look something like youd find in likes of some porsches etc parcel sort of shelf type thing, hopefully turn out sort of standard looking (again ignoring the fact theres 2 subs installed in it) but hopefully it turns out alright.