Awesome Dubs

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
With the current R only available in a 5 door that simply isn't going to happen for me personally.
Not much wrong with the golf gti I have to say. I think they have a nicer finish and interior than the r but I am biased

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
New Golf is desperate looking isn't it +o( A few guys in work were away for the launch and said it's better in person but it's a no from me

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Only seen pics but looks like step back imo. Will stick to my 7.5pp one for the minute but. Hankering to get back into the bm

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Mk8 looks utterly gack.

On the wheels have VW had much in the way of not crap looking wheels over the past few years?

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Golf VIII GTI

View attachment 267204View attachment 267205View attachment 267206

Jeez that looks crap!

Front end is too curvy, headlights are too small, wheels look like something off a Citroën, arch gap is too big, in fact the whole cars seems to sit very tall?

I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest VW fan, but even I can tell the old one looks waayyyyy better.

3721bdd02ab2e05a95c8060effe54b80-01.jpeg

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
/\ once those wheels are chucked in the bin I'd agree! Much less offensive on the eyes

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
I'm really liking the old VW stuff now days. Think the new stuff is so bland its making me appreciate more what we used to have.

Same here Daniel. From the other half has got her Beetle I've decided I want to get my finances in order and once we've moved house I'm going on the hunt for a MK1 / 2 Golf or Jetta project. Older cars are just so much better and fun and you can fix them yourself!

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
@veedubnoodle I love that beetle BTW it really looks the part(y) that would be a good project. Although I'm a jap head, I've found myself doing MK1-2 comps on dream car giveaway and think "id keep that" lol

Everything old and cool is crazy dough now days. Seems im never getting that R33 Skyline now ffs!

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
I'm really liking the old VW stuff now days. Think the new stuff is so bland its making me appreciate more what we used to have.
I feel the same way.

I've 6 volkswagens and the most modern I own is a Bora which is my daily and even it's too modern for my taste. It does it's job and can be fun seeing as it's a bit different from the usual ones but it's the first car I've never named which said a lot to me about it.