Belfast Motor Show 2014, Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ant

RMS Regular
best bit is there's say 5+ posts with a stream of comments talking about how bad it was, wanting refunds, lads who put their cars on display saying they won't be back today, that the doors aren't open and people have been standing in a queue for 45mins, followed by a lone post from the organisers going "this was brill! can't wait to do it again tomorrow!" :laughing: good god

fNQp0cE.png

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
Total pile of ****. I can't stress highly enough how crap it is.

When heading out the door after 30 minutes we asked for our money back they told us to contact the website. A lot of unhappy customers.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I would love to see people going to the ticket desk at the entrance and just asking for a full refund without even going through the front doors, that would get the point across. I've had more fun walking through car showrooms tbh than the sh1te I saw yesterday...there was also some energy company stall too and a streetlife clothes exhibit.

RoniN

RMS Regular
I see they have started removing the complaints from FB about how bad the show is !!!!
The getaway car must be sitting with the engine running, not long now.

Cheers

johnboy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk 6 Golf Gti
been watching this in the lead up to the show and had planned to go as I don't often get the chance to go to car events. would've suited well to go today but obviously won't be going now :p sounds like a total disaster the fb page and the thread here do make entertaining reading tho (y)

Bryan

RMS Regular
I notice that U105 who have been plugging this like mad all week have not mentioned it today

I was expecting Caroline Stewart to say something along the lines of "Had a great day at the motor show today hope to see you all tomorrow" when she was doing her show last night and there was none of that. Are U105 there today? Will be interesting to hear Frank Mitchell's show tomorrow morning after 9am.

colin84

RMS Regular
It's funny reading the organisers posts and all her deluded friends and helpers. This is what happens when someone who clearly knows nothing about cars has a go at running a show simply for money. She probably didn't care if people liked it or not, as long as she could half fill the place. They will be laughing their way to the bank anyway.

I nearly wanted to go to it today to for laugh and see just how bad it would have got today, but would I **** give them a penny.

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
Never really paid much attention to this but fair play to the organisers for getting so many people to go to a car show - literally everyone is talking about it. Unfortunately some of the highlights/demonstrations on the website say it all really:

How to fit a car seat correctly by Mothercare...
Maintain your motor the basis for ladies...
Changing a tyre...

They really have been pushing that Noble.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
How they can continue to post new stuff on their FB page without acknowledging any of the comments/complaints defies belief.

They'd be safer holding their hands up and say, 'we got it wrong'. Offer some form of refund and chalk it up as experience.

I'd say the page will swiftly disappear tonight after the 'show' finishes.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
From the get go this sounded all wrong to me... Am actually disappointed for the ordinary punters that normally wouldn't go to a car show who brought the family along only to see it was rubbish.... not to mention the immeasurable damage its done to the credibility of the car enthusiast and genuinely good shows put on through the year.
Belfast motor show organisers........ I do not salute you... in tomorrows media show your face, let us hear your voice so we can verbally bash you, we want to distance ourselves from your crimes of greed and ignorance!!!

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Wish I'd read the posts on here yesterday.

Went this afternoon, what a joke. A belfast sightseeing bus parked up as park of a car show. Eh?!

On a positive note there's a fiver lunch deal on in the kings head over the road!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

Went this afternoon, what a joke. A belfast sightseeing bus parked up as park of a car show. Eh?!

On a positive note there's a fiver lunch deal on in the kings head over the road!
They pour a great Guinness over there to go with the usually great grub :laughing:

I notice the home address of the organiser is still listed in the web domain owners list lol

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!

How many cars? How many people?

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Haven't been in there for grub in a couple of years.. last time I was in it did a grand job of offering a good meal!

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
Kings Head must be bunged as that's where I'd be heading if I'd had the misfortune to go to this.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
@Colin the RMS BBQ meet put it to shame! And you even got a free burger with that lol!

Plenty of people about, but quantity and quality of cars was terrible though. U105 must have pulled the plug too, not there today.

Hyundai accent, pink nova, Alfa 147, 2 beat up deloreans, psni evo and golf in the main hall.

Outside about 15 cars, some army vehicles and truck. none of them anything special.

A few crappy stalls selling tat, you would see better at notts corner on a Sunday.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.