Belfast Motor Show 2014, Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
I'm not at all surprised they have not responded to any posts or anything. At the end of the day the bills still have to be paid and the King's Hall is not cheap, far from it. That added to everything else and I'd imagine maths is taking up most of their time right now.

Its easy to count money when your already in the negative.......

Storm

Banned
notsureifserious-jpg.64335

I'm guessing that WAS your trophy then?

bigboybora

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Cabrio 1.8T S
they were on their facebook page haha theres just no comparison. i loved it when i was a kid it was awesome. and comng home with a bag full of brochures and posters! class

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
Nope! Read their website. If you ask me pretty much everything they said will be there was there. It's not false advertising or misleading. It was just pants. If you go see a crapy film at the cinema you can't get a refund lol

How is this not misleading:
"Let’s bring back some of the enthusiasm and excitement again. It’s been years since the people of Belfast and Northern Ireland as a whole had a motor show to look forward to. For many the Motor Show was a not to be missed event, a chance to see what’s new and what’s available and a must for the motoring enthusiast. "

There are dozens of car shows here every year, some even in Belfast. This specifically refers to "the Motor Show" (which was held annually at the same venue - the Kings Hall) and this new show has called itself "Belfast Motor Show". People were expecting marque stands with new cars to browse and buy. What vehicles at the show today falls under this description (quoting): "what’s new and what’s available"?

Maybe a Noble? We don't know - no one has tried to order one at the show.

Audi_TTS

RMS Regular
How is this not misleading:
"Let’s bring back some of the enthusiasm and excitement again. It’s been years since the people of Belfast and Northern Ireland as a whole had a motor show to look forward to. For many the Motor Show was a not to be missed event, a chance to see what’s new and what’s available and a must for the motoring enthusiast. "

There are dozens of car shows here every year, some even in Belfast. This specifically refers to "the Motor Show" (which was held annually at the same venue - the Kings Hall) and this new show has called itself "Belfast Motor Show". People were expecting marque stands with new cars to browse and buy. What vehicles at the show today falls under this description (quoting): "what’s new and what’s available"?

Maybe a Noble? We don't know - no one has tried to order one at the show.

Ok well it's maybe slightly misleading lol. I've read a lot of comments from people saying they expected it to be like the old show with marque stands etc - the only positive thing I'll say for them is they don't state that anywhere. Anyway I know the industry and most involved in this so prob best I leave it at that. For the record I think they wasted an amazing opportunity with eyes fixed firmly on the bottom line over quality.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Only two things worth seeing we're Titan the robot/man inside plastic suit, and listening to peter boutwood of noble cars talking about the m600....the rest total keek and to my own amazement I saw a beauty salon stall inside the heart of a motor show lol....total joke..oh, and a Halfords stall with um.....bikes. Worst motor show ever all in all, even numerous people leaving as we were walking across the car park told us not waste our time.

Last edited:

Storm

Banned
they expected it to be like the old show with marque stands etc - the only positive thing I'll say for them is they don't state that anywhere.

They may not have directly stated it, but i think you'd agree they certainly strongly implied it in this pic from earlier in this thread...

Screenshot_2014-07-26-17-04-23.png

The laughable part about it is, in that entire 2nd paragraph, at no point is there mention of "cars" as one of the things to see/do lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.