RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
IMG_8475.jpeg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Is there any way to confirm whether a number just hasn't been released yet, or if it has and the car is scrapped/off the road? I've tried checking tax status and entering the reg onto Autotrader and both say the number isn't recognised just.

RCT

RMS Regular
Is there any way to confirm whether a number just hasn't been released yet, or if it has and the car is scrapped/off the road? I've tried checking tax status and entering the reg onto Autotrader and both say the number isn't recognised just.
If not yet released, Email here dvlapersregsales@dvla.gov.uk and then they will let you know if it’ll be released and the. when it’s on the next auction. I requested a few over the years and they then release them and you have chance to bid on them at that auction.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
If not yet released, Email here dvlapersregsales@dvla.gov.uk and then they will let you know if it’ll be released and the. when it’s on the next auction. I requested a few over the years and they then release them and you have chance to bid on them at that auction.

But any way to know if they have been released already?!

davyk31

RMS Regular
You can email and ask them. I did that recently and they were very helpful but if it’s an old plate you are after they likely can’t do anything.

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I didn’t get a pic but saw TUR 911A on a yellow 911 turbo in London earlier.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

They must've stopped this, the email service is dead. It directs you to a link on their website instead now. I submitted a request earlier so will see what they say.