BMW E87 130i M Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Scraped the underside of my bumper in the hospital car park this morning. Note to self, car is lowered - ****. Can't see it unless you get down and look underneath but I know it's there!

Got a new CarPro wash mitt today so decided to give it and the new Nilfisk pressure washer a go this evening after work as it hadn't been washed for a month. The sun was out (bizzarrely) and showed what the paint is like - not as good as I thought it was. Wish I hadn't washed it now! Hopefully if the rain says off tomorrow I'll start with the Megs MF system. I'll likely have to sort a few panels as I get time as I can't see Mrs. Deezer being overly delighted if I spend 12 hours buffing a car.
Still haven't sealed the wheels yet but couldn't be arsed getting the trolley jack and axel stands out to take the wheels off. Fired up the Weber and drank some Mexican beers instead.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
So Mrs. Deezer was out for the day so I started into sorting the outside. This was the site that greeted me this morning after washing last night

DSC_1745_zpsbbcd76e1.jpg

DSC_1747_zps9032afa4.jpg

DSC_1749_zps43424be2.jpg

DSC_1750_zps475de43d.jpg

DSC_1752_zpse0dcfe77.jpg

I'm very careful with my wash technique so this annoyed me a bit!

Anyway, I bought a DAS-6 Pro from CYC about 3 years ago when they first came out and never used it. After reading how easy the Meguiars MF System is to use I bought the full kit.
It's dead easy. One pad and one compound for cutting and pad and one compound for finishing. I bought the 5" and 3" cutting and finishing pads and the 5" cutting pads were the new style so managed to do the whole car wit one pad. So long as you use the Megs pad conditioning brush after each set it'll do a whole car. I did have one of the finishing pads de-laminate after half the car though.
The difference after the cutting stage is amazing. I did take a pic of the bonnet but managed to delete it - ****
I didn't take any more in progress pics as I was working on the driveway and wanted to get finished in case it rained.
When I'd finished the finishing wax stage I added a layer of Dodo Supernatural Hybrid for a bit more protection.
Here's some not great driveway pics -

DSC_1785_zps9e1f7b14.jpg

DSC_1784_zpsa968522d.jpg

DSC_1783_zps35c89b90.jpg

Reflection

DSC_1782_zps0062ef4f.jpg

DSC_1781_zps66b0b467.jpg

DSC_1779_zpsd59bc1e2.jpg

DSC_1778_zps86ada5f8.jpg

I still need to take the wheels off, clean and seal them and give the arches a clean. Also need to do the door shuts but I'll sort them when I do the inside.
Very pleased with the results the MF System gives and simple to use. The missus even commented on how great it looked and asked when her Cooper was getting done!

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Wow nice job getting it done in one day! It took me at least 2 :worried: Lovely mirror finish off it now :cool:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Very impressive mate. Want to do mine too?!

I have to wait for the wife to leave too before I can attempt any car work these days!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Very impressive mate. Want to do mine too?!

I have to wait for the wife to leave too before I can attempt any car work these days!

Another one might actually kill me Ian! Could have done with a hoist to get me out of bed this morning.

Managed to get a coat of Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine on the faces of the wheels this morning. Couldn't face taking them off to do the backs. Will try to get them done next weekend or if the rain stays off I'll do a wheel each evening after work. I want to give the calipers a good clean and give them a coat of Planet Polish WS&S as it's heat resistant and the rear hubs need a lick of silver hammerite. I'll do the interior too next weekend, if I get time. Don't mind cleaning the inside so much, it's easier than the outside.
I also need to do the door shuts and hatch but they're out of sight out of mind at the minute so not annoying me - yet.

I'm thinking there's not much out there that floats my boat at the minute apart from an S3, MKV R32 or a 135i coupe, none of which I can afford at the minute so I'm going to hold on to this for a while. I may look a PCP deal on an M135i next year but not sure I could resist the urge to tinker with it!
If I do hold on to it I may get a Quaiffe ATB LSD and a few chassis mods, E9* M3 lower control arms and Powerflex subframe inserts. Not that I need them, more a case of want them.
For the immediate future though, I'll fit the Alpine upgrade and possibly the Bluetooth / USB retrofits and tidy up the few bits I mentioned earlier.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
some turnaround on the scuffs on the paintwork Dave - great job with the DAS

what do you think caused the scuffs?

I wanted to have a good cleaning session with the 330 at the wkd but the wife had other plans - ended up sunburnt and covered in scratches and thorns after working on the garden most of the wkd

managed to get two coats of PB's wheel sealant on the clubsport rims though :grinning:

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
some turnaround on the scuffs on the paintwork Dave - great job with the DAS

what do you think caused the scuffs?

I wanted to have a good cleaning session with the 330 at the wkd but the wife had other plans - ended up sunburnt and covered in scratches and thorns after working on the garden most of the wkd

managed to get two coats of PB's wheel sealant on the clubsport rims though :grinning:

Cheers Eamon (y) Don't know what caused the scratches. Could have been anything really, although these ones were quite odd

I touched lucky as the wife was heading out with her Aunt for the day and the sun was out.
Need to get the side skirts painted though as they're a bit rough.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Did those scratches buff out? Looks like a football possibly?

Yup, the one on the door buffed out and the arch one is about 95% gone . You can just about see it right up close but it's barely visible. Another quick hit would take it away 100%

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Deezer-D not sure if it was covered in this thread. Can I ask were you picked up the Megs micro fibre system? Did you buy in single items or as a kit? I already have a G220. Cracking results btw!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Deezer-D not sure if it was covered in this thread. Can I ask were you picked up the Megs micro fibre system? Did you buy in single items or as a kit? I already have a G220. Cracking results btw!

Got it from here
http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Meguiars_Detailer_5inch_DA_pads_1.html
http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Meguiars_Detailer_3inch_DA_pads_1.html
I bought the 5" cutting, 5" finishing, 3" cutting and 3" finishing pads.
Cutting compound
http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Meguiars_DA_Correction_Compound_1.html
Finishing wax
http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Megs_DA_Finishing_Wax_2.html

Use DWX code for 7.5% discount

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Stuff arrived :grinning: Got my Alpine sound upgrade that consists of mids, tweeters and an amp

null_zps179104c7.jpg

null_zps620aeb69.jpg

null_zps3a78b289.jpg

Hopefully get a chance to fit at the weekend, weather permitting.

Managed to give the interior a good Hoover and cleaned all the plastics with APC. Also gave the leather a clean with Dr. Leather and then give the plastics a quick go over with Aerospace 303

DSC_1787_zpsf4f56404.jpg

Took some pics, leather came up nice and matt

DSC_1788_zpsabbe3e8c.jpg

DSC_1789_zps7c4c665b.jpg

DSC_1792_zpsfccefb66.jpg

DSC_1793_zpse3133b54.jpg

Also gave the glass a clean and removed the glue residue left behind from the tints the previous owner had fitted. I'd been meaning to do this since I bought the car but other things seem to have sidetracked me a bit.
Tomorrow nights task is to sort the door jambs out with some Dodo Lime Prime and a coat of SN Hybrid.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Very clean and fresh inside for 71K car Dave! I bet the glue was a pain in the ar$e to remove from the windows

nothing beats the arrival of new goodies to be fitted to the wagon - should be some difference in the sound quality with the upgrades (y)

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Cotton buds and Tardis - pain in the hole!
Looking forward to getting the Alpine stuff fitted. Won't be a massive difference though as I think fitting the tweeters improved the system the most

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
If Im cruising about on the roads at the wkd and I see a tidy black 1 series with all the windows down and music pumpin out, I'll know you got it fitted LOL!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.