BMW E87 130i M Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Cheers Eamon (y) Don't know what caused the scratches. Could have been anything really, although these ones were quite odd

do you clay the car often? It looks like the sort of marks you'd get from concentrating on removing something like tar. Good work to bring it back

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Cheers Richie. Wasn't done by claying or tar removal. The car is parked up the entry behind the office so could have been anything rubbing up against it. Gone now though (y)

During the the machine polishing I had one of the pads delaminate and 2 more when they were washed. Contacted Maguiars via Detailing World and they asked me to send the pads back to them for inspectio. Just had a call to tell me they're replacing the pads FOC. Hard to beat good customer service (y)

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Yeah, true at that, just get a quaife and fire it in! My car's been off the road a week now, just waiting for the engineering comp to get my driveshaft shortened and the rear cv refurbed. Feels like an inside part of me has died with all the fuss over this M3 subframe malarky. Still not even sure that'll be the end of it.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Sounds like a right ballache! Fingers crossed it works. It's a cheap way of getting a rear M3 chassis if it does work. The Quaiffeis the simplest solution for me though.
I've just found out Evolve can now map a 125i coupe to the same bhp as a 130i (same engine except BMW neutered it) which would make for my ideal package. NA engine, coupe body and no turbo / HPFP / waste gate issues to worry about.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
My wastegates rattle on cold start up, blame going catless as I could hardly hear any rattle before that. But the turbos and fuel pump have been grand. Would you still not think of a 135i? 400bhp for about £600 of mods? ;)

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Sounds like a right ballache! Fingers crossed it works. It's a cheap way of getting a rear M3 chassis if it does work. The Quaiffeis the simplest solution for me though.
I've just found out Evolve can now map a 125i coupe to the same bhp as a 130i (same engine except BMW neutered it) which would make for my ideal package. NA engine, coupe body and no turbo / HPFP / waste gate issues to worry about.

Is there a 125i hatch?!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
My wastegates rattle on cold start up, blame going catless as I could hardly hear any rattle before that. But the turbos and fuel pump have been grand. Would you still not think of a 135i? 400bhp for about £600 of mods? ;)

Still aiming for a 135i but nice to have the option of an NA coupe too

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Bit of an update -
Started into the Alpine upgrade this morning. Got the tweeters and mids installed and replaced the broken door card clips on the drivers side then it rained for a change!

It stopped raining for about an hour after the Lions match so nipped outside and started a bit of wiring. Got all the trim removed and have the loom pulled through to the front door cills on both sides. Connected up the earth and just need to make the battery connection and the connections to the existing wiring. Managed to give under the back seat a good Hoover and found £2.60, 1 Euro and the lid of a Bud bottle!
Amp wired up and stuck down. So far it's taken me about 90 minutes and I reckon an hour at the most will finish it as I plan to solder the connections. Maybe get it finished tomorrow but need to do a bit of reading up on which wire connects to which on the loom.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
So got finished today. All in it took about 2.5 hours

Amp in

null_zps3f4979f9.jpg

Then I had to locate the wires BMW left on the existing wiring loom for connecting the Alpine harness

null_zps008fce7c.jpg

null_zps9fcbcc3b.jpg

Was going to solder the connections but my soldering iron uses butane gas and I'd none left so used crimp connectors which is what the kit comes with anyway. Initially had the wires connected the wrong way round and I had no sound, swapped the HU and Sub wires over and job done.

null_zps618309c3.jpg

Then wrapped it all up in cloth tape again to keep things tidy

null_zpsb2aaa858.jpg

Job done. At first and at low volumes I thought there wasn't a great difference in sound compared to my previous setup with the hifi tweeters fitted. That was until I turned the volume up. It sounds very, very good. I'm well pleased and its very good value for money.

Aidan316i

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34 525i Spo
Is there a difference? Looks the same to me! :p

Only joking, looks great! Lovely 1er! Hope to see it at a meet/show soon!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.