BMW E87 130i M Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
what pablo said

plus the ferric grey rim refurb has totally changed the look of the rimmage IMO - they look more valuable/expensive if that makes sense...

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I agree, I think the rim colour is perfect. That's an older pic but since then the wheels have had a cost of Planet Polish stuff and it really lifts them - just like waxing the paint on the car.

Don't think I'll pump any more cash into this now other than servicing. It's now at a standard I'm happy with. It's no show car but it is tidy for a daily driver.
Just need to get a few bits tidied up -

Door shuts cleaned and waxed
Rear hubs rubbed down and sprayed
Arches cleaned
Calipers cleaned and waxed
Wheels off, cleaned and sealed (front faces already done)
Clean the engine bay

Apart from that list above, I reckon I'm nearly done.
I still have all the original bits (suspension, brakes, business head unit, interior trim, number plate lights, speakers) so can put the car back to stock if I ever sell and use the coilovers, spacers, Alpine stuff etc. on a 135i.

It's due it's MOT next month and I'll have owned it for 2 years in September. Think it'll be around for another year.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Got away early from work so gave it a quick wash and a wipe over with Zaino Z6.
Couple of iPhone pics. Will try to find somewhere decent tomorrow for proper pics

null_zpsd9ef79e8.jpg

null_zps1914f876.jpg

null_zps6d2f8a3b.jpg

null_zps8e0fdf05.jpg

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Its a fantastic car D but I agree, no point pumping anymore cash into a car when your heart is after another! Great work getting it this far, it was a bit of a dogs dinner at the start but you've bound to have added value on it now.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Its a fantastic car D but I agree, no point pumping anymore cash into a car when your heart is after another! Great work getting it this far, it was a bit of a dogs dinner at the start but you've bound to have added value on it now.

It was as rough as a badgers arse! I had a rip round the Castlereagh hills today and its a cracking car to drive. I'm keeping it for a while but will try to put money away for the next one. Wasn't too worried about adding value more about getting it tidy enough that it didn't annoy me!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Small update -

Noticed that my cat must have been chewing on my aerial! You can see the teeth marks in this pic

null_zps6d0bff8b.jpg

It was a cheapie off eBay so I treated myself to a BMW Sport one

null_zps693c6013.jpg

null_zps4014b5a3.jpg

Fitted (and some beading)

null_zpsdb521566.jpg

Also ordered some CarPro PERL to clean up the rubbers and trims as they're looking a bit grey.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I would go ballistic if my pet did that - after all your hard work - the claws, the claws!!!

Haha! Not much I can do about it unfortunately.

After scratching the underside of the front bumper parking at the Ulster, I managed to do it again on a speed bump at the NI BMW cars and coffee meet - ****!
Can't see it unless you're down on the ground looking under the bumper or if the car is parked up a kerb. I was going to pick up a touch-up up kit from BMW but they're £20! I bought some Phoenix Yellow paint from eBay to touch up a chip on my calipers and it was spot on so I bought a 30ml bottle of Sapphire Black from the same seller.

null_zps6c6c084e.jpg

Comes pre-mixed with clear coat so easier to use than the BMW stuff. Also not bad for £7.44.
The rest of the bumper is spot on so no point getting it painted again, especially if I'm likely to scratch the underside again so this is the best option. Hopefully get it done at the weekend if the weather holds out.

Also got this to try on the faded black trim (will come in handy for the Mini as well)

null_zpsb89cdc62.jpg

Can be used in engine bay and works out cheaper than Aerospace 303 as it can be diluted. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
I really need to feed my black trim it has went grey on the wing mirrors and grille :worried:

I bought a touch up kit from Halfrauds but Im a bit 50/50 about using it incase it's cack and end up making a mess

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I really need to feed my black trim it has went grey on the wing mirrors and grille :worried:

I bought a touch up kit from Halfrauds but Im a bit 50/50 about using it incase it's cack and end up making a mess

Will let you know what this PERL stuff is like Eamon.
I'm not too worried about touching up the scratches as they're on the underside of the bumper but wouldn't fancy doing it on somewhere visible.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Came back from a Fathers Day outing to see Man of Steel at the VIP and Pizza Express and it was dry for a change. So decided to take 15 minutes and touch in the scratches on the underside of the front bumper.

Before - note to self, car is lowered, pay attention when parking, ****!

null_zps62795cc3.jpg

After -

null_zps8f393ed9.jpg

Paint was still wet in this pic and I wasn't aiming for a flawless job as it can't be seen and there's a fair chance I'll scrape it again!

Seeing as I've more or less got the car to a stage that I'm happy with it, I've now turned my obsessions to cleaning it!
I'd finished the last of my glass cleaner so headed up to Procar yesterday to get some more. Got some of the 3M stuff to try (been using AG Fast Glass because I've had some in the shed since ever). The 3M gets good reviews over on DW but the Mini will be the acid test though as the inside of the glass is worse than the outside!

Also decided I'm going to stick with the Zaino system so bought some Z-AIO (All In One) and ordered some ZFX .

http://www.zainoeurope.com/zaino/z-aio-all-in-one/prod_2.html

http://www.zainoeurope.com/zaino/zfx-flash-cure-accelerator-additive/prod_15.html

Plan is to apply the Z-AIO with a Megs Microfibre Finishing Pad and then mix up some ZFX with Z2 which means I can apply 3 coats within 24 hours as the ZFX speeds up the curing process.

http://www.zainoeurope.com/zainoz-2/prod_3.html

In between coats of Z2 I'll use Z6 which is a quick detailer and gloss enhancer

http://www.zainoeurope.com/zaino/z-6-ultra-clean-gloss-enhancer-spray/prod_6.html

Then when I have the 3 coats of Z2 on, I'll top off with Z8 which is the dog's twitcher :laughing:

http://www.zainoeurope.com/zaino/z-8-grand-finale-spray-seal/prod_8.html

I can also use the AIO on the door shuts etc.
Just need the weather to lift again.

Cheers
D

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.