BMW M2 - Long Beach Blue

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
99% sure I was behind you about 7am this morning.

Lovely car and some prescence on the road!

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
OP
m5lvyn
Drives
GT4

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Loving these touches sir. It's hard to improve a weapon like the M2, but you are doing it!

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
Looking good mate, think I passed you a couple of times this weekend but was past before I realised. Mods looking great, still can't get over how good it sounds! Also that valve controller is awesome! thanks (y)

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
OP
m5lvyn
Drives
GT4
Looking good mate, think I passed you a couple of times this weekend but was past before I realised. Mods looking great, still can't get over how good it sounds! Also that valve controller is awesome! thanks (y)

Cheers mate. The can flap controller is a game changer for the M4!

Loving these touches sir. It's hard to improve a weapon like the M2, but you are doing it!

Thanks Neil! There's a few Instagram guys I follow that have heavily modded their M2's and they look awesome but I keep saying to myself less is more. They really don't need thousands spent to make it any better!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Just a beautiful car. And look how cold estoril blue looks in comparison!

I think BMW have ruined Estoril blue by making it available on practically every model, same with Audi and some colours which were previously only available on S and RS models.

Still a great colour but seeing it on practically every 3 and 1 series on the road takes away its prior appeal.

Gambit

RMS Regular
They defo stand out on the road, followed one down the m2 into Belfast (driven by a mature woman...) and its lovely looking on the road

need some before/after shots of the spacers similar to your first page pics :p (y)

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
I think BMW have ruined Estoril blue by making it available on practically every model, same with Audi and some colours which were previously only available on S and RS models.

Still a great colour but seeing it on practically every 3 and 1 series on the road takes away its prior appeal.

Current Estoril looks a different shade to the original of e36/e46 era, I don’t think it’s the same colour.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Current Estoril looks a different shade to the original of e36/e46 era, I don’t think it’s the same colour.

The Estoril Blue on the E36/E46 is Estoril Blue

The Estoril Blue that is on every 3 series and 1 series now is Estoril Blue II

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
OP
m5lvyn
Drives
GT4
It's been a while since my last update! Quick teaser of the final product.

Nothing to report regarding mods unfortunately. I've been working abroad a lot the past year or so and it hasn't had much use, especially with the 981S in the garage.

I have made the decision to sell the M2. As difficult as it was, I can't justify keeping both cars when I don't really use either now. I do think this lci f82 m2 will be a sought after model in 5 years or so. It has all the modern-ness (if that's a word) yet still holds onto a somewhat raw driving experience without being too fake. Its in a sweet spot for. sure that makes a fantastic all rounder.

On to the thread update.

With me being out in the states since last October the M2 was parked up and left on a trickle charger. It was covered but as expected needed some tlc.

First up was a solid decontaminant wash. I also picked up this Atom Mac product from Bilt hammer. Supposedly reduces the rust build up on the brake disks by spraying it directly on them before a wash. the jury is still out on whether it really works for me.. I've seen around a 50% improvement which is suppose is something. I also got those cool yellow hose reel stoppers from Ross @ Anachem. They are awesome!

Two buckets as per normal otherwise you aren't a car enthusiast. ha. Also used a new shampoo I got in a chemical guys mystery bucket. Worked as expected.

Car was snow foamed using a strong traffic film remover to help remove the worst of any build up. It didn't foam up so good..

Then came the heavy lifting lads.

Car was rinsed down again and it was looking much better.

Engine bay was looking a little messy with some debris and dirt in there. I did have it spotless before I left last year so it didn't take much to bring it back up.

After it was rinsed clean I used this dressing product:

Which buffed away to leave a lovely deep finish, very happy with the results.

Whilst the engine bay dressing was soaking in I tackled the boot lining areas. Pretty nasty build up and took some elbow grease and cut many fingers getting into the corners.

Next up is a new toy! Bought after watching Matt from Obessed Garage recommending them to dry your car. In all honesty, for the money, it's not worth it. But, it does confirm to your neighbours that you are in fact mentally unstable.

And if that wasn't enough, I bought this professional gazebo. As I don't have a garage I got this to do as a makeshift temporary garage while I polish the car.

Onto the polishing and compounding. I went back to the trusty Megs microfibre system. It's nice and easy to use whilst doing the job.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
OP
m5lvyn
Drives
GT4
Taped up some of the crevices to stop any polish residue and to seem like I knew what I was doing.

Finishing Wax applied:

Window seals needed some love. Moss and algae had made a home. I used surfex hd.

Same deal on the door sills: